307cc tuning / chipping

S

Stu1409

Recently bought a 2008 307cc 2.0 140 bhp. Can it be chipped to increase the power and or tuned, Also canI add a turbo to it. It's not as quick as I was expecting at the moment, I want it quicker!

hey and welcome to the site mate.
yes it can be chipped but in this case it would be easier to remap ( no need to pull the ECU to bits ) but i would leave it just now as your only looking at around 8-10bhp gain.

turbo you can but its a lot of work as to get a decent increase you would need to run higher boost this would mean that you need to un water injection or lower the compresion of the engine. this would invove pulling th engine and replacing the pistons with lower compression ones along ith stonger conrods and crank, then youve got issues with the gearbox, can it take the power ?

start with basics- high flow panel filter, exhaust inc manifold anlong with sports cat and fuel pressure regulator this should give you around 10-15bhp more

Hi stu and welcome to TorqueCars. Did you go to Modded SE at the Hop Farm this year? (Big dissapointment for me!)

A supercharger might be a better option for you to take than a turbo. Have a chat with Claymore about them as he fitted one to his Fiat Marea to great effect.