306 GTI-6 tuning tips

davidv33

Car
peugeot 306 gti-6
Re: 306 tuning

Hey, I have a 1997 306 gti6. Ive had it for a couple of years but have now decided to tune it. I was thinking a pod filter and lowering springs. I had a look and was wondering what you think is best. Maybe koni springs and a k&n pod filter?
Thanks
dave

A friend of a friends GTi-6. Supercharged running 260bhp at 7psi on a Rotrex supercharger and a Chip wizards map standard internals. Capable of 500bhp on a full build. If you want performance, supercharging your 6 is the best option by a mile.

IMG_4391-vi.jpg

Yea i would love to supercharge but dont have a whole lot of money to spend. Ive got NZ$1000-1500, which is about 400-600 pounds.

A few members over here have got superchargers from the breakers yard from the Mini cooper S and managed to bolt these on. It should come in a lot cheaper than a new supercharger.;) Welcome to TorqueCars.

I've also copied this to its own more specific thread now. You should get some more answers and suggestions now;)

hey there,

well you've nought a really great car there gti-6 is brillant.....supercharged ones are good but you could get cams and suspension for around that money...but to get the most out of it you'd need to do the work yourself....but you would need to take it to be remapped after you've finished putting new cams in...gti-6 respond well to them.... and exhaust and filter and all that stuf as well

ebaich pro kit springs and bilstien sprint dampers are a good setup for uk roads