306 tuning parts

morten

Hello,
i got a 306 98 mod. 1.4L
is there anyone in here that has the same problem? :)
i need some more power in it...
tips & tricks please

Hi Morton and welcome to TorqueCars. What sort of money are you looking to spend? The 1.4 is not a brilliant base for tuning. What I mean is that for the same cost you can have a lot more power if you started out with a 1.6 or 1.8.

I would do some suspension mods and make the car more fun to drive if it were mine. A cam and sports exhaust would be the best engine mods. An FSE fuel boost valve will also make the throttle more snappy but you will still struggle against a 1.6.

Hi and thank you,
i got the car free of charge and its really low milage on it, so i guess i could spend a bit on it. Is there anyone in here that can recommend a webshop that ship out of EU? i live in Norway!

Hey there morten

I have a 306 as well ther really good cars! I have the 1.9 TD 1998

so my suggestion would be to look into stuff for the Saxo VTR that has the 1.6 8V TU block engine which is pritty much the same as yours only bigger...

if you go on the Piper cams website and look for the saxo vtr the fast road cam will fit the 1.4 TU PSA engines (the one that you have) and you can also buy and uprated exhaust manifold from some where else along with all the usual stuff...

also look into stuff like the 106 and the citeron AX
they all share engine parts I've jsut looked on piper cams and you can get race cams for your car !?!?!?

on a 1.4 i would spend too much but if you really wanted to you there is a lot of stuff you can get....you've jsut got to know where to look.....

Last edited:
hallo

I have a 306 DT 1999 160BHp
You can help for me where to buy a Torsen from BE3 gearbox?
THX