Peugeot 306 D turbo - Mods

Yes that's what you need rather than a complete centre section.

Also yes that is the middle silencer, that may as well stay but if you did want a big pump making up then I would recommend a full stainless exhaust as the exhaust temps will be higher and you'll be replacing your exhaust every 9 months or so, stage 1 tune should be ok

It's when you adjust the fuel pump settings for more fuel and increase the boost pressure of the turbo, only slightly though. It's what I'm coming to do on your car.

Do you have any pcitures of your engine bay at all?

Ah Sure man, I still need to get a time :p I've just gotten paid! :D So some time soon? I can get some pics after the weekend. I am at the girlfriends all weekend ;)

Just a quick update.

Jarrus found this back in the earlier posts...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-306-1...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5199e655a6

I really am tempted to buy it. But the bank always takes a bashing at the moment. looks like I am diving into my £150 savings...

I am wanting upgrade the handling a little. Jarrus, if your out there buddy what would you recommened? search egay for gti6 set up, so pads, discs and either coilover kits or...? open to suggestions.

So induction kit is out... Panel filter will be in soon. The adding custom pipe work to it, and increasing the airflow. I am sure that will produce more power?

Cheers,

Dave

Last edited:
GTI6 front brakes, suspension and rear beam is a good place to start, also the HDi and the XSi rear beams are exactly the same.

Best go for after market suspension, I'm using Koni yellows and there brilliant for the road.

Cheers Jarrus!

I'll look ino them.

Engine pics.

Attachments

• Photo0066.jpg
    Photo0066.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Photo0067.jpg
    Photo0067.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Photo0069.jpg
    Photo0069.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 11
Lucas pump, and it looks to be unmodified. Looks like it's seen a fair bit of action that car.

I'm liking the colour, Blaze Yellow :)

Yeah, it has. 100,000 miles on it. for a diesel, that's nothing. Your the only person that has ever told me the colour is nice. :)

Everything on it is, unmodified. I think.

It is nice. Luckily I live opposite a decent hand car wash, nice bit of wax. go down a treat! :)

At the moment, my exhaust is off, up to the cat. where is the cat sensor located? its causing me a ton of issues...

I went to start the car, and it wouldn't start, when the exhaust is off, I am checking for holes, and blowing within the whole system. Am I missing some thing here, when I turn the ignition, there is no power going to the engine, is this because the exhaust is off? it worked prior to me taking it off, I am wondering if I may have damaged something. I tried to look at the manifolds, but they seem fine...

It is nice. Luckily I live opposite a decent hand car wash, nice bit of wax. go down a treat! :)

At the moment, my exhaust is off, up to the cat. where is the cat sensor located? its causing me a ton of issues...

I went to start the car, and it wouldn't start, when the exhaust is off, I am checking for holes, and blowing within the whole system. Am I missing some thing here, when I turn the ignition, there is no power going to the engine, is this because the exhaust is off? it worked prior to me taking it off, I am wondering if I may have damaged something. I tried to look at the manifolds, but they seem fine...

The 306 DT doesn't have an ECU of any sort (well it does have an air bag ecu) so there for doesn't have any exhaust probes or anything.

What kind of noises does it make? Does it try to turn over at all? Is there any suspect liquids/oils lurking around the engine bay or your drive way.

I can say without a doubt that removing your exhaust will have any impact in how the car starts or runs while standing, Ive taken mine off loads of time with no problems, just the bolt were really tight.

When turning the ignition, the sparks just tick? there is power in the battery, as I can turn the ignition, and power goes to the car ( my very loud radio turns on, and i end up deaf... ) When I started the car it made a horrible rattling sound and I my self and turned it off. Went to try it 2 days ago and it just ticks, similar sound to when the battery is dead. The cat is rather wobbly, up to where it connects to the manifolds. I am wondering if it has come loose up and around there some where. I will jump the battery, just in case :)

Hopefully I'll get this sorted as I get paid soon, and I have money left over from this month, so that long life backbox may be here sooner :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Turn your stereo off and all other electrical equipment and put the jump leads on, it's just a slightly flat battery mate.... nothing to worry about

Ah OK. :)

I feel stupid aha. I guess I added tweeters and 2 new 5 quarter speakers to the car and crossovers... I wonder. Any who, I'll give it a go!

Thanks!

Has any one had any experience with LongLife Exhaust systems?

I have a good deal with them on a backbox, So any views or opinions are very welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tip for you mate, when you want to start you car make sure all the electrical equipment is off before you crank it. Any thing like the heater/blower, Stereo, wipers headlights, anything like that, also when its really cold do the glow plugs twice, turn the ignition on wait for them to go out, then turn it off again wait a few seconds, then iginiton on wait for the plugs and start as normal :)

Thank you Jarrus, Simple but effective I guess!

I'll make sure all electronics are off, first I'll attempt to jump it though.

Ha seems to be the battery... I may have to get another one. I bought a 2nd hand one from a place I know... Obvs not very good. Brand new it is! My step dad is soon ( tomorrow ) going to be welding my adapter on to the centre section and making sure everything is tight! no holes! :)

you want to turn the boost up? its worth doing but not on standard fuelling, all you will do is lean it out more than it is, (and it runs lean as standard) I can still do the stage one for you or alternatively I can tell you the process on how to DIY.

Yes - that's what I am after, I would like to know this stuff any way :) future needs may arise! I'll like to know where to put a boost gauge too! i have found the hoses and there is a little valve with a cap on it, i'll photo it when I get a second, i presume that is where the boost gauge goes?

a guide would be cool, save you driving down a few hundred miles.

I remember rightly, lucus pumps are very untunable, but still with some worthy gains.

Overall, a decent tune will be fine, nothing silly :p

They are tuneable but you can't modify them like the bosch one (like transplanting other part in them)

To be fair I'd still come for the drive down anyways and talk you though it, would be a cool day out, also I'd show you where to put your boost gauge also, and it is a must for tuning so you don't over do it with the boost.

Ah Yes, be cool! Would you recommend any gauges? ive found a few but on egay... annoyingly i still have to pass my practical driving test, man. its a pain in the a$$!

I'd get your test sort first mate, cause after tuning it we would need to road test it to see if it's fueling properly, the engine needs to be under loads to do that.

How many lessons have you taken?

Also I would say that oil temp gauge is another consideration as well as boost pressure.

Driving just comes to me, my last instructor said I am up to test standards already, so either dish out for an intensive, or keep with lessons. I think I'll blow £400 on a 20 hour intensive, and be done with it. I haven't done it in a while though... I just need to drive so badly, I live the country side, single parent, no public transport. :(

Ah oil temp? Can oil badly effect performance? Like if its too hot?

Yeah - these pics are done with my mobile :) good eh?

Anyway... its just underneath the radiator, and the whole pipe has rusted and snapped. I am a little worried.

Hhhmmmm, I don't think my car has that....

Has yours got air con?

Thats what I thought it may be... But then I tested the AC, and it worked. But very faint. What style tubing does this look like? would I be able to get under the car and undo the clips and replace?

Sounds like a plan. :)

hi guy am a noob to the site just got my self a 306 dturbo and it sound's like a bag off nail's it got this wierd wizzing sound coming from the left hand side where the belt are any idea's car still pull's like a train just the wizzing sound doing my head in and just wanna know witch part to replace

When you sit in the car, in front of the steering wheel. Is the sound coming from the right of the steering wheel or the left?

On mine, I have a strange sound which appears to be the AC pump, on the left from where I am sitting.

EDIT: Sounds are coming from the clove box?

Wizzing sound is likely to be either the altenator pulley baring is buggered or the cam belt tensioner and the guide roller barings have gone,

How many miles has your car done? and when was the cambelt changed last?

Also other things to check on the 306 dturbo, the top engine mount is prone to braking off, the chances are you won't notice it breaking, and the MOT propbably won't see it either, if you have a rattling noise under part throttle then it is broken, the only way to repair it is to weld a metal plate where the rubber mount is attached.

Heater matrix likes to go at about 100,000 miles. Then it's just things like bushes and the like.... Also if it has rust then it's been repaired...badly... Peugeots of that era (205 405/406, 106 306 etc...) don't rust, if it has it's been in an accident.

it sorted now it turned out to be the tensor was to tight...next thing am after doing is sorting the turbo out,car does pull just cant see when the turbo kicks it just feel the same no rush off power..

Bad news guys... Mums car failed the M.O.T very badly. She now has my car :( so no more work to it till she can find a few hundred. :(