Peugeot 306 D turbo - Mods

and here is the gauge.

I am still struggling to find a decent source of power for my gauge.

I wired to the radio loom, wired to the ground and ignition wire, and that didn't seem to work :(

Attachments

• Boost gauge.jpg
    Boost gauge.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 10
Okay as I was testing some different wires, I think I may have blown my radio fuse... or something. amp works fine, but the radio doesn't turn on. I was sh***** my self! but believe its the fuse. I checked the fuse on the radio its self, and its fine. where could I locate the master fuse, as I do not have the manual :/

Jarrus any chance you could help me out fella? Iv also got a 1.9 d turbo I'm a first time owner of a diesel and I havnt a clue with tuning. I'm on a very tight budget so anything free would be great :)

Stage 1 tune is free, altering the fuel pump and tuebo settings, however I would advise caution if toy dont know what you are doing.

Where do you live mate?

Jarrus any chance you could help me out fella? Iv also got a 1.9 d turbo I'm a first time owner of a diesel and I havnt a clue with tuning. I'm on a very tight budget so anything free would be great :)

Greetings and Welcome To Our TorqueCars Forum My Friend! :)

thanks guys.
i brought a standard pug 306 d turbo which seemed sluggish and decided to turn up the max fuel by only 20 degrees to start with and then i went to slacken the acutator nut only to find somehow it had worked its way loose,i turned it all the way in and then back out 1.5 turns...should i screw it out more or is that in the comfort zone for the turbo ?.its defo quicker but only 14.5 psi so i am going to turn the max fuel up some more.
cheers men.

thanks guys.
i brought a standard pug 306 d turbo which seemed sluggish and decided to turn up the max fuel by only 20 degrees to start with and then i went to slacken the acutator nut only to find somehow it had worked its way loose,i turned it all the way in and then back out 1.5 turns...should i screw it out more or is that in the comfort zone for the turbo ?.its defo quicker but only 14.5 psi so i am going to turn the max fuel up some more.
cheers men.
also it might sound crazy...was thinking of having a 3inch pipe made from the cat back with no boxes,bad idea or not ?

also it might sound crazy...was thinking of having a 3inch pipe made from the cat back with no boxes,bad idea or not ?

Yes it does sound crazy and it is a bad idea! :blink:

1) The noise and droning inside the car would be just ridiculous.
2) Doubt if you would make it through an MOT.
3) Her Majesty's constabulary would think its Christmas come early when they pull you over.
4) With a minimum of back pressure you will probably find that you will actually lose power.
5) If you set of to work early in the morning, I give you 24 hours before a neighbour knocks on your door and has a quiet word - baseball bats in these cases are optional. ;)

Ideally mate, stick with the bore size, I think on a d turbo thats around 2.5 inches. T9, diesels are, to a certain extent, quite. I have taken all the silencers off and it's not noisy at all. Of course, when you floor it, its a bit louder. You shouldn't have to worry about the mot. Our diesels are only smoke tested, not emissions, so if your mot guy isn't fussy you'd fly through it. Are you running the lucus pump or a bosch one? Your limited with tuning on a lucus system, best bet, for big power, would be a bosch pump. Far more tunable. Jarrus is the man when it comes to tuning these cars.

Ideally mate, stick with the bore size, I think on a d turbo thats around 2.5 inches. T9, diesels are, to a certain extent, quite. I have taken all the silencers off and it's not noisy at all. Of course, when you floor it, its a bit louder. You shouldn't have to worry about the mot. Our diesels are only smoke tested, not emissions, so if your mot guy isn't fussy you'd fly through it. Are you running the lucus pump or a bosch one? Your limited with tuning on a lucus system, best bet, for big power, would be a bosch pump. Far more tunable. Jarrus is the man when it comes to tuning these cars.

Thanks for that Dave, I know a guy who has done this already but I am not sure if the exhaust was a 3" and it did not sound to clever, very noisy on the outside of the car but inside I gather diesels are a little more generous with the sound proofing - is that right?

i read that diesels dont sound loud with any sports exhausts,dont know the trouth but was thinking it would be easier than taking all the silencers out.i have a bosch pump and the kkk turbo.

Thanks for that Dave, I know a guy who has done this already but I am not sure if the exhaust was a 3" and it did not sound to clever, very noisy on the outside of the car but inside I gather diesels are a little more generous with the sound proofing - is that right?

There have been a few loud d turbos. I solely believe its how you have your exhaust is designed and how many bends etc there are.

just turned the max fuel up by 60 degrees...took it for a spin,put my foot down and lost all boost pressure.the t piece cracked under pressure,lol,is that normal ?
just ordered a new metal one.
looking forwards to your comments jarrus about my recent posts.

air filter gives no bhp just better air flow,i watched a video on youtube .was a seat leon cupra tdi 150 the bloke added an air filter and then tested bhp and there was no change he then added a straight threw pipe which added 7 bhp.

Stick with the standard air box and paper filter and change it once a year..... Might want to look at changing the front pipe as the standard one could be better.... probably some gains there when tuned....

The middle on the kkk actuator needs to come out a bit more for more boost pressure but youre better off leaving is alone and use a boost controller..

What boost you running now?

and also you need at least one exhaust box to pass an mot... 2 and a quarter inch pipe or bigger will be best to go for.... 3" is good but not worth it untill you want loads of power...

Got a boost gauge?

i have put a cone filter on and it sits in front of my battery,not by the radiator pipe due to drawing the unwanted heat.
the actuator was loose for some reason that is why i turned it all the way in and then back 2 turns because i dont know the standard setting.
i am boosting nearlly 17psi in 3rd gear and i have not tried as yet in 5th gear,dont know wether it makes a differance.
i have a cobra back box so i will have it made to suit then.
thank's for the advise jarrus ,needed an experts opinion before i jump the gun.

i am new to this mate so how do i look at your thread ?
noticed you are from walsall.i am from willenhall but now live in cornwall but hopefully moving back soon so i might link up with you one day if you wanna pimp my ride,lol.

Cheers mate,

Not yet, im not 100% happy with it at the moment and im currently addressing the issues with it... I think i need to update the thread... I might have to seperate the thread out a bit...

i would be well chuffed with it as it is.
be nice to see what its producing from what you have done.
do you know of and videos or links on how to build a bosch 11mm hybrid pump and parts needed.
by the way i turned my acuator all the way in and then out 3 turns and it still pulls well so i am going to turn the fuel up again....is there a cut of point on turning up the max fuel ?

Those pump are an easy diy job,

I can put a guide together or when you move back up hear i physically show you how to do.and what to buy...theres loads more things to consider than just wacking in an 11mm head, and that guy on ebay is having a laugh if he thinks that he'll get 180 ish quid for that pump... he probably doesnt have a test bench or use new parts and rebuild it
... diesel bob charge around 200 and they strip rebuild and test with any mods you want.... so hes dreaming....

As for max fuel... on the lucas pump its just a case of untill the screw wont go in any more...lol in some.ways the lucas can be better but overall the bosch is the best... :)

ideal jarrus ,i will keep tweekin it up then,lol.i will stick with what i have got for the moment then and when i move back to the midlands...hopefully end of this year i will pay you to do it.i was going to get a seat leon cupra tdi but i have tuck a shine to the pug so i am gonna keep it and get my missus a little runabout.i have always had celicas my last one being a st202 just over 200bhp wich was fast for a 2.0,done a scooby 2000 awd turbo and lotus ellise and rover 220 gti turbo ect.sounded like a motorbike,lol.

sounds like a right list of cars mate :)

200hp is possible from these engines with the right mods, and keeping it reliable... ive done a lot of r and d on it.... just depends on how big your budget is... plus i wouldnt expect a lot to make the pump for you..

thats why i like these cars exellant on fuel and a deacent amount of power,darrenjlobb on youtube has one on a dyno at 213 hp,lol.i bet yours is about the same from what you have done.
i turned my max fuel all the way in today and turned the wastegate screw out another full turn like you said{3 full turns out on wastegate now} and my psi has dropped from almost 17 to 15,any ideas why i cant get it to 18 psi...it is a lot faster than when it was standard thow ? lost for ideas of why.

you have to undo the lock nut (as you know) and turn the allen bolt inwards for more boost rather than out, 18-20 psi is where you want to be, you can go more but theres really no point on the standard turbo, due to heat, however this can be helped with a better intercooler and/or water/meths injection

Darren made that a long time a go now and hes done madder things since...i personally dont like some of his methods and im not a fan of him as a person....

I like to give people the facts and let them make there own decision on it, he doesnt....he thinks his word is gospel.... Take what he says as advise....and use it as just that...advise.....

as they say there is more than one way to skin a rabbit mate...

lol.soz for all the questions mate but i am new to all this tuning buisness :blink1:
ill tweek it a bit more then.
as i said i was looking to get a seat leon end of this year when i move back but i am gonna get a newer model 306 with lower miles cus the one i have got now is clocking up 250 mile a week so no point spending on it,its done 146,000 now.just wanted a bit more poke out of it.as for tuning with bigger turbo and fmic i will do that to the new one with your help:D
that darren bloke has got a few mad videos,hes a cornish farmer i reacon.

I dont mind answering questions at all mate, i hate forums that just say 'use the search function' and yeah, darren is a farmer from cornwall...

146k is still bugger all for these engine even for tuning....youll struggle to find one with a significantly lower milage on it, have a look by all means but good 1.9 dt's are hard to come by

i would prefer summet with lower miles thow still,mine is the 75bhp,is the 92 bhp hdi one better to tune ?
will a a td04 turbo fit on mine without to much messing about cus i have seen a few links saying they spool up better ?

Last edited by a moderator: