Peugeot 306 1.9 d turbo

nufc4frosty

Car
306 1.9 d turbo
i have got a 306 1.9 d turbo and i want to put a gearbox out of a 306 gti6 onto it. i was wondering if any one knows if it is possible or if any one has done it before?

Hello and Welcome to TorqueCars.:bigsmile:
Hope you enjoy your time with us.

Jarrus is the man you need. He'll be around at some point and he'll be able to answer your question mate.

Welcome to TorqueCars.

Ratios might not be right for a diesel, just a guess mind. Are the engines similar to enable a swap or a modification if it is suited?

hi,
i think the engines are simular for the gear box to bolt on. im take the engine and gearbox out of the gti6 at the moment. i think if i swap the diff over it might sort out the ratio

took the diffs off the gti 6 gear box and a 1.9 d turbo gear box and they both seem to be the same. any one know if they are the same or slightly different? i want the speedo to be showing the correct speed

Hi there,

I'm here now,lol

A GTI6 box will fit but the ratios will be totally wrong for the engine, and also the GTI6 has a special ram on the steering rack so the wheel hub does foul the side of the gearbox.

Best mods you can condsider is a tune up (fuel pump and turbo) disconnecting the EGR and a full exhaust system. Check my project thread out :)