type r exhaust, buddy club

steve hudson

Car
civic type r ep3
hi iv been looking at the buddy club exhausts catback systems does anyone know much about them either a spec 4 or pro spec, its for an 04 civic type r, will they give me much more bhp or just for sound? thanks!!

Alright mate, welcome to the forum! The exhaust on a Type R is already pretty good! If you really want it changing though go for a Powerflow exhaust mate. That will give you give you bigger gains and a lovely sound.

Hi there steve hudson and the prince!!! i am a new member and i have a honda vtec 1.6i civic, i have recently replaced my original exhaust with a 63mm Piper exhaust sytem! i dont know much about honda exhausts or a honda in particular thats the reason why i joined... what i do understand is if you want BHP on your car you need to remove all restictions from the manifold to the exhaust this means, a 63mm exhaust stainless steel or mild custom built with the bends no creases to suite you car no couplings, just on your standard manifold with two silencer boxes. you sould get get the correct air exhaust flow out and good intake which would also save you some money on fuel.

one more thing the gain in power is outrageous, if you go to you tube you will find a clip there of a honda s2000 that sounds like a formula 1 car. just imagine that!!!

see that vid too wernt to sure bout it myself, have decided to go for hks on the exhaust anyway.ur right about removing all restrictions from the manifold to the exhaust, am looking to do it but one thing at a time, havent got the shillings at the mo and ya know how expensive a decent manifold is ha!!!