Kit cars?

I'm considering doing something called a "Porsche Kit" in a few years, when I have more money and possibly a garage or house (yeah, I can rent a garage... $80/mo, I gotta convince landlord to let me install a $2000 9000lb lift, maybe I can sell it to them).

I've heard of such a thing.

I can't find one.

Also, skip the engine. I want diesel. Yes I am a diesel whore.

I've been googling around but it's like... hard. I see things about kit cars, but no "BUY CAR KITS" except the lotus. Am I missing it? "Kit car" and "Car kit" are crappy terms for searching.

Just something to do down the line, should be fun. If no kits, I can one-off one from spare parts :\

Where abouts are you from? The kit car industry is alive and well in the UK. We seem to have plenty of makers, DAX seem to be one of the best around.

It might be worth getting some uk magazines (What Kit and Total Kit car.) for some ideas.

If i understand you correctly you are looking to build a Porsche Kit, I will assume you mean a porsche look alike, glass fibre body etc, if thats the case the only one I know of are COVIN 911 replicas, the bad news is they went out of business years ago but if you search on COVIN you will no doubt find the on line club as there are still a few on the road, built on a VW Beetle floor pan if memory serves.

Keep looking, pretty sure there was a website that linked to various kits. Not sure about 911s (I'd guess the classic varient should be available), but I have seen a 356 kit.

I know the pain of looking, I wanted to do an Esprit kit before I bought the vRS. (Was going to buy an Esprit until I found it was £1000 per year running costs!). Unfortunately, no-one seems to do them at the moment.

Shame, I was looking at putting a 1.9TDI PD 150PS in there (10hp less, but a heck of a lot more torque and superb fuel economy :D).