Do you have breakdown cover

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I've been with the AA for over 20 years now and get free homestart cover. I've been very pleased with them and when I had my Rover I used them quite a lot.

Do you have breakdown cover? Have you used it and what was the service like?

We buy RAC membership using Tesco vouchers at a 4 to 1 value so only costs around £30 for the full package.

Kids have used it more than me, which has saved me having to go and get them!

I had an interesting conversation with the recovery driver last time I had to be rescued. Because cars are more reliable these days they receive fewer distress calls than they did 20 years ago. However, due to the complexity of modern cars, more of these calls end up with recovery being required.

I've had various over the years, depends on what car I had at the time as the new ones had free cover. I used to have RAC when doing sprints, track days as back then they would 'rescue you' if you had an 'off' on the track, don't think they do nowadays.

Today I have AA family membership as this covers 4 cars, mine, the wifes and two of my daughters. I have never used them, but my wife did last week and one of my girls has twice.

In the 26 years or so driving I have used them probably 5 or 6 times due to failing parts or blown engines ;)

Now I'll probably break down on the way home!

I'm with the RAC for personal use. We have had customers cars brought down to the workshop in Cornwall from all over the U.K. via RAC/AA and they have all been well cared for.

The RAC have however been silly once by sending a Transit van with the dolly attached to tow a Land Rover Discovery. Even the driver that first came wondered why he got sent as it needed a flatbed trailer as it's 4wd......:blink::blink:

lol Only playing anyway buddy. But i'm in the same boat with the Primera they are bullit proof so I shouldn't need it for that. But the Ti on the other hand...lol :lol::lol:

I know you were playing, don't worry! I might get some cover in the future just in case, but for now I have no worries about breaking down.