Best breakdown cover provider

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Who are you with for Breakdown cover? How much are you paying and do they give a good service when you need them?

I'm with the AA at the moment, I can't fault the service it's always been very good but it seems really expensive even with complimentary homestart cover.

Who did you go with and what cover do you get?

I have been with the AA for a number of years and they are expensive. NOTE: Do Not!!!! pay the AA via a continuous Direct Debit. They are very good as an organisation but double cheeky and will take your money with a year on year increase. Let them phone you at the end of the year and I guarantee you that you will have negotiating room with regards to the price.

I am currently trying: Flux Rescue for the first time. This is an all inclusive package of home start, relay and breakdown recovery from my insurers Adrian Flux. Mercifully I have not needed to call them out - looks for wood to touch for luck! ;)
But for just £55 for the year, I thought it was worth the risk. If I am unlucky enought to call them out at some point I will let you know my findings.

Last edited: