Do stones in your tyre bug you

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
When you get a stone stuck in your tyre does the ticking noise bug you to the point where you have to go and pick it out?

I think this sort of thing winds me up more in the summer than winter. When the window is open there is nothing more annoying IMO than a ticky tyre!

When you get a stone stuck in your tyre does the ticking noise bug you to the point where you have to go and pick it out?

I think this sort of thing winds me up more in the summer than winter. When the window is open there is nothing more annoying IMO than a ticky tyre!

I have to remove then ASAP. Waynne, there's a little button on the dashboard marked A/C or * (look on the CC panel), try pressing that, it'll remove the need to open the window.

Last edited:
there is only one thing that annoys me more than ticking tyres and that's squeaky brakes,

it drives me up the wall when they start to go, I have to pick the stone out as soon as I have stopped.

I have to remove then ASAP. Waynne, there's a little button on the dashboard marked A/C or * (look on the CC panel), try pressing that, it'll remove the need to open the window.

What! And use up all that extra fuel? ;)

The windows are open so I can hear the engine and tyre squeel anyway!

Bugs me no end. I just gotta step out and take it off immediately, winter, summer rain or hail.

And the worst thing is if you have just gone through some muck, and its dark, and the only way you can actually locate the pebble is by running your hand over each tyre to find where it is.

Especially, when you are coming back from a night out and have just scored... if you know what I mean......;) ;) ;)

I mean, there is no way your hands will be allowed to rest anywhere other than the steering wheel after that, till you have washed them ...........

:D :D :D

Last edited:
A fast bend sort's the rear's out.;)

That's another option.

I can do spinnies in the BMW, just switch the DSC completely off; pedal it firmly into full kickdown at low speed and it'll paint black stripes on the road. I don't bother with this though as I quite like idea that the rear diff's components remain inside the casing :)

:lol::lol:
Tbh mine doesn't spin that well in the dry that's why it's so quick off the light's.
The tyre's imo are more than wide enough for the engine the car has and the setup is so good on the Focus.
I've had it 2 years now and I still haven't managed to get the front end to wash out it just carries on gripping it's insane the speed I can carry through some of the tight bends.

The Focus is particular good at putting down its power.

Even the bonkers ones don't have a problem with this.

I'm guessing the transaxle is pretty robust as well :lol: :lol:

(For those that are unaware, TN69 is admired by me by being the only person I know who's managed to break BOTH front half-shafts in a Nissan Primera)