Torque Cars

A washer punctured my tyre

Discussion in 'Wheels, suspension and tyres' started by obi_waynne, 18 April 2017.

1. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    I've just had a tyre repaired. I noticed it kept going soft which is never a good thing. I couldn't find a thing looking at the tyre on the car.

When the fitters took off the tyre they spotted a washer sticking out. It was actually half of a washer with a sharp edge that had cut right into the tyre, causing the puncture.

I normally find nails and screws every few weeks so it was quite a relief that something else caused a puncture this time!

2. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Maybe you need to demagnetize the tyres :lol:

obi_waynne likes this.
  3. obi_waynne

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    I actually wondered if I fitted an electromagnet to the front of the car if I would avoid getting any more punctures?

4. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    How unlucky are you Obi? :confused: I think it is safe to say that you will not be winning the Lottery any time soon :lol:

5. obi_waynne

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    I never do it. I consider each week that I've saved £1.50 or whatever it is.

I am actually quite unlucky really. If it can go wrong it usually does!

6. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    So you are the modern day version of Frank Spencer then...;)

obi_waynne likes this.
  7. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    .V( :eek: :rofl:

But what a wonderful singing voice he has in real life much like Jim Neighbors who played Gomer Pyle and the actor that played Crazy Googenheim in TV series called The Honeymooners.
    Here is Gomer singing

Nothing wrong with my long term memory ;)

Sorry for wandering off thread topic .V(

Last edited: 25 April 2017
    obi_waynne likes this.