Civic Type R Modification List

AD08

Wrench Pro
Car
Civic 1.6SE 02
Ok, for my next car im looking at getting an 04 Facelift civic type R. Still got abit of saving to do but im interested to see what in peoples opinions are the best upgrades for a type R; from the brakes to engine, ECU... I don't really know very much so you'll probably be able to tell me the best things to upgrade are and how much power or what benefits they give
to get the most out of the car. If someone could make a list of parts and makes that would be useful, im asking as if money is no object and if it was your type R what you would do to it if you had lots n lots of money to burn.

Now there is a very open question.

Here goes, I would go with a HKS Super drager exhaust (I like the sound.)
I would uprate the injectors/fuel pump and get a new performance manifold
Then I would go with some fast road cams (concentrating on the VTEC lobes mainly).
I would also look to remap the engine if only to lower the VTEC kick in threshold.
I would stick with a panel air filter but perhaps go with a cotton one (I don't like too much induction roar)
A supercharger would also get bolted on - I would eschew the aircon if needed.
A big brake conversion would also feature quite highly perhaps some Brembo 6 pot brakes on the front.
On the handling front I think some Tein electronically adjustable damping force shocks all round. I would also get some 17's fitted with super skinny tyres to keep the overall rotational diameter the same.
Carbon fibre bonnet, wings and rear boot.
Lambo door conversion (to appeal to the tart in me;))
Then finish off with a Matt gunmetal grey paint job (including the carbon bonnet).

I would still do some research and try and get some rolling road results from other owners before comitting to this list. Theory is one thing - when its out on the road it can be quite different.

sounds sweet and getting rid of the air cons a good idea, i heard its pretty heavy.
Not sure about the colour though lol
I'd probs go for a glossy white with black bonnet, rims, spoiler, skirts and wing mirrors. maybe some red highlights to go with a set of red brembos :amuse:

The gunmetal grey i've seen is really really dark with slight flecks in the paint, I think it will look classy in matt but they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Air con also saps power from the engine when it is on;)

I would personally keep the air con but I can't argue with waynne's list of mods. The gunmetal grey look is actually quite a good look on Civic's and also rather rare. The white and black bonnet is far too common but all depends on what type of look you want. Carbon fibre panels are very JDM at the moment and look great.