Tuning a Ep3 honda civic type R

clarkey

Car
honda civic
hey i've got a honda civic type r and i've been wanting to tune it up for some time now but i don't really have any idea where to start with tuning any help tips or ideas r welcome ??

Hi and welcome mate. I've moved the thread into the correct area.

I would spend my money on the suspension personally. Coilovers would be a good start. What kind of budget have you got?

about 10 grand so far ive had a look on other tuning sites and the honda civics on there are all siting about 290 bhp but id rather have it as high as possible. But id rather not have to spend all the money just like another one esle would like to try not the spend the lot

Last edited:
You will never be able to get 290bhp down to the ground in a fwd car. But if you really want to try you will have to boost or supercharge the K20 to get those kind of figures.

290 isnt that bad but the torque steers will be a pain.
however you will need very sticky tyres and a lsd. and expect wheelspin through the 1st 3 gears maybe even 4th

You will never be able to get 290bhp down to the ground in a fwd car. But if you really want to try you will have to boost or supercharge the K20 to get those kind of figures.

Wholly untrue. 290bhp isn't that bad at all. With the right setup you'll be fine.