Urgernt Help!!! 02 Honda Civic Type R -Programming transmitter

TypeR-Fusion

Tuner
Hello

I unfortunately:embarrest: miss placed my transmitter and therefore had to order another one. I was given the following instructions on how I should programme my transmitter:

>Put key in ignition and turn on (accessories should come on with the lights)

>Press lock on the transmitter

>Turn ignition off

I should repeat these steps and on the fourth time I press unlock and the transmitter should now work.

Now because I lost the transmitter I had to get my car towed to my drive way and removed negative battery. So before I followed the steps given to me, I connected the battery terminal.

The end result is that nothing:mad: happened apart from me annoying my neighbours with the alarm going off. I got a mate to help and he did the same thing and still nothing. Third attempt he closed the driver door and the transmitter was locking & unlocking doors but alarm did not de-activate and the immoboliser red light is on.

Is closing the doors crucial? Also when I unlock the car door the lights should flash once and when locking it will flash 3 times, but none of the lights came on.

I would be extremely grateful how I should proceed further. Honda said to bring car in,which is impossible. Should I remove negative battery terminal, wait for several minutes and start all over again with doors closed or get honda to visit me?

Many thanks guys

Have you got this sorted yet? I'd call in to Honda and chat to a mechanic. Give him a tenner and a pack of mars bars or similar and then call him from home and get him to talk you through the procedure step by step. Most mechanics are pretty helpful if you are nice to them.

If you go in in person you stand a much higher chance of speaking to a mechanic than if you telephone.

You've probably sorted this one by now anyway. Sorry about the delay, been away for the weekend and just got back.

Apart from this are you still enjoying the car?

didnt see the thread below mine, has it worked yet or you found another way? *type r fusion*
thanks

I have just recoded mine...
turn to ingition mark II and press lock return to mark I , repeat this again, and again,
on the fourth time you should hear a clycling noise.. wait 2 seconds and press lock again this should work as it just did for me