1.5 lsi Help tuning.

2donskoy2

Wrench Pro
Car
ford festa mk5 1.7
hey up am looking at doing some upgrades on a budget on a honda 95 mk2 1.5 lsi what do people suggest ive already got a straight through power flow exhaust system what can i do else to it on a tight budget. people told me to drill 5 or 6 holes in the bottom of the air box but wouldnt this just let bits get into the engine and naker it??

Last edited by a moderator:
hey and welcome to torque cars mate.
1st of all ditch the text speak or prepare to have all your questions ignored.

by drilling the airbox they mean remove the airfilter and drill out the holes in the bottom of the box, wash it out and refit. youll not see much benifit from this allone as you will be drawing in the hot air from the engine. however it will make more induction noise

better to drill out the holes close togeathe and fit some large ducting to the holes and attach it to the bumper to ensure a supply of cold air and swap out the standard filter for a high flow one.
dont bother with an induction kit as you will lose even more low down power where hondas are already lacking.

your not going to see much improvements to the 1.5 engine as it is without super/turbo charging and this is costly, the other option to you is to do an engine swap

ok thanks mate, on my air box i already have a cold feed suply to it or atleast thts what i think it is, would that alone not be good enough instead of adding the ducting?? and i was thinkn ov an engine swap but wouldnt no where to start, the engine i wat to put in is a prelude 2.2 dohc but doubt it would fit.

if i go againsyt an engine swap what would you suggest turbo wise??

te ducting youve got already proberly goes to the intake pipe on the airbox, if you drill additional holes in the base this would mean that although cold air is coming in through the main pipe, the warm air will be coming in through the extra holes youve drilled.

the H22 2.2 does fit but its a lot of work. have a look here as a member is already done it. we are currently awaiting his feature write up on it.

i would say to go with the b18c engine out of the JDM intregra type R circ 195bhp is good for a nasp 1.8

turboing do a search on here there was someone wanting to turbo their 1.5 crx not long ago so you might find it near the top of the honda forum. i would advise against it as honda generally don take to turboing well, prob due to boost spike that would happen when it comes on vtec

prince will be able to help you more

(if replying dont quote this post other wise it will end in the mod queue)