Civic 1.8 Suspension help

Ciganjo

Tuner
Car
Honda Civic ES 1.8
Hi,

I have a riddle for ya'll! I have something wrong with my front wheels. On straight, pothole-free roads the car drives fine but as soon as the road becomes British I hear clunking coming from the front.... like a loosely fitted ball join. Something like this,

I never paid much attention to it but whenever someone gets a lift from me they all point it out. My local mechanic briefly had a ride in it and said it is the linkage rods but I'm not very convinced. I've done some googling and the internet says it could also be a Wishbone Bush or a Suspension Mounting. No idea.

Also I think I need new shock absorbers because driving into an inch deep pothole feels like driving over a kerb at 30mph. Euro Car Parts has Sachs, Anschler and KYB for my Civic, can anyone recommend a brand?

Usually worn bushes or ball joints.

Dampers. Have you tried the pushing down on a corner test? Push down on the corner of the car with the suspect damper. If the damper is OK, the car will rebound up and then down and then stop. Any more movement and the damper is suspect.