Tuning VTi coupe (B16A2) Ideas???Help???

Doody coupe VTi

Wrench Pro
Car
99 Civic Coupe VTi
Im lookin to tune my 99 Civic coupe vti (dohc Vtec)

Dont want to turbo or supercharge it!

Currently running....
  • K&N Induction kit
  • Uprated Manifold (heat wrapped)
  • S/S exhaust with De cat
  • Sports backbox
  • Re-Programmable Ecu
  • Irridium plugs (4 contacts)
  • Slammed to the deck!
Any suggestions to further power??
Vtec controller... which one??
or do I need one with the Re-programmable ECU??

how much are you wanting to spend? have you thought about a set of cams and vernier pullies? high flow fuel rail or fuel pressue boost valve. im sure AEM do a fuel rail for about £150 for that engine.

I think your next job should be head work, getting it flowed and ported along with bigger valves and a fast road cam profile. An FSE fuel boost valve will also help to make the acceleration more snappy.

well the ECU was in the car wen i bought it and the Vtec currently comes in at 5600rpm......
would a vtec controller help or do noting???

well im lookin to spend in the lower hundreds like, notin too pricey!!ha!!

how much would a Fuel boost valve set me back?? and would i need to do the head work to benefit from this??

Not sure wat brake it is, hopefully ill find out wen im finished wit her!!ha! its basicly Type-R quick now......

The boost valve is about £80 (dunno what that is in Euros though). A VTEC controller would lower the kick in point but I would have thought you could remap the new ECU to achieve the same thing.

A boost valve will not require any head work to be effective.

Ah dat seems tempting so...... Any specific makes or brands for the boost valve???

Im considering the Fuel rails (AEM £125)

Is there any other mods i have to do in order for the rails to run right?
They are designed to run with standard injectors.....

Thanks alot lads!

if you get one make sure its the rite 1 for your car, there all the same just set at different pressures. if you get one off another car you'll need a gauge and set it up.

to set them up you need to know what pressure your engine is running at before you fit the boost valve. then fit your boost valve and adjust it to the same pressure (eg. if your car runs at 3bar then set the boost valve to 3 bar) when you rev the engine the vacume increases the pressure in the valve thus forcing the fuel in at a higher rate

Cheers lads, thats brilliant..... Makes alot moresense now, ill defo be investing in one of those valves......

229051883a7925119929l.jpg

Ah i rather the standard kit on it ha

Eh currently jus the standard brakes but hopefully i will be upgrading them soon ;);););)

No no the VTi model comes with discs all round standard.....

I'll either be getting drilled and grooved discs and green stuff pads or a bagger brake conversion (prelude or integra)