Wheeler Dealers - Lotus Elan

I was offered the wheeler dealers 944 turbo from within the trade, The cars are never sold (Customers are all members of the crew) and allways go to the same dealer. Apparently every single car is a dog after the show,,,,,,The magic of tv

They're a dog during the show! Most of the repairs are proper bodges or using cheap pattern parts by the looks of it. Rattle-canning whole panels and all sorts.

Review time:

Top suspension ball joint repair was OK. While they had the front suspension apart they could have checked and greased the bottom trunnions.

Getting the exhaust manifold off is a pain.

When my donut broke it pushed the brake caliper into the boot!

Fibreglass repairs were not done properly, but they did it how they are usually done :)

As far as I could make out, there wasn't a hood fitted to the car.

The loose bolt wouldn't have stopped the headlamps from lifting. Brewer tried to make them work with the engine off and China did it with the engine running. They work on a vacuum with the front crossmember acting as the reservoir. My guess is that there was a leak so they only worked when the engine was running :)

When fitting the new driveshafts, why did they fit star washers under the locknuts?

Respray looked OK from a distance, but they hadn't done a very good job around the indicator lens :)

It was interesting seeing a car make and model being worked on that I know every nut and bolt on.