The old lady finally get's what she deserves!

Right then, time has come to give the oldlady some treatment,
all the talking about it it has now stopped and I'm finally doing something to her

I've bought all manner of part for her and taken photos, first thing though, how do I upload them?

Thanks very much :)

I've just gave my friends dad a big list of suspension parts and he's going to get a price for me.
He works for Midwest motor factors and can get me premium brand stuff for pretty much trade price (trade price plus VAT)

Reactions: Loz
Right then..... it's been a while now so I will add a few words,
Pictures will have to come later as it is very late at the moment and I will want to go to bed soon so won't be opening up the garage.

In the end I ordered most of my suspension parts from Euro Car Parts which include
Front ARB drop links, Front ARB bushes, front suspension top mounts, front wheel barings, and other stuff from there include, oil filter, fuel filter, Xsara VTS steering rack, cam belt kit, (I don't think I've left anything out)
then some more parts from Spoox Motorsport in the form of,
Power flex front wishbone front bushes (I don't know why they only do the front ones...) Spoox front wishbone rear bushes, balljoints and fixings,
more stuff.....
from eBay,:
A TD04L turbocharger from a 2.0l Subaru Impreza WRX and a T28BB from a Maptun tuned Saab 2.3T, and also a GTI6 rear beam which I went to Bilston/Tipton to fetch (yes, the wheels where still on my car when I left......)
also a nice little find is an alloy intake manifold off a 1.9D (non turbo) the reason for buying this will be more clear when I post the picture of it and I'll explain all then... as it will make more sence (I hope :D )
Of course there's more though......
"more?!?!? more you say?!?!"
Yes! indeed there's more... why wouldn't there be?
I've ordered a Water/meths kit from DevilsOwn and I should be having that on monday or tuesday and will try and fit it on my next day off after then (saturday and sunday) as it should be a fairly easy job to do,

guess what?......there's more!!! :lol:
Deamon Tweeks,
I bought 2 new Yokohama Parada specs 2 for the alloys as the 2 eagle f1's were bugged and 2 of the tyres on my old wheels where slightly illegal and I say no point in buy tyres for them, so I've fitted my new wheel as well and at £40 a tyre I can't argue !
also, I mentioned something about a Koni suspension kit as well, well I ordered one of those from there as well but that won't be coming till early December now but I ain't worried about it really.

with the exception of the water/meths kit, Intend to start work on it when the weather picks up as I will have to work outside on my drive way and it's not been that forgiving lately and it's rather difficult to get time off work to do it after all this is my daily driver as well so I can't leave it in bits for days so hopefully all being well procidings should start after Chirstmas :)
pictures will come tomorrow

and also thanks again for all your kind comments again, sorry it's belated but they are still appreciated all the same :)

Brett

ok then here they are as promised, sorry for taking soo long i've been busy with work and helping the family out :)

DSC00626.jpg

Cleaned the garage out a bit ready to put a work bench in. I will be doing engine work in here and build specific componants but the work on the car itself will have to be done on the drive way but that isn't a problem as there is plenty of space :)

DSC00625.jpg

DevilOwn Water/Methanol kit. This is what they call the base kit which isn't progressively controled, it's either on or off and comes on at a preset boost setting. I will be running water and model engine fuel (NitroMethane/Methanol) I asked DevilsOwn if this would work and they said yes! Awesome but when I get the LPG kit then I will be using water on it's own.

DSC00623.jpg

DSC00622.jpg

most of the suspension stuff and the timing belt kit, just waiting on the suspension kit that Deamon Tweeks say will be arriving in December sometime, not a problem really just would have liked it sooner.

DSC00618.jpg

DSC00617.jpg

A MITSUBISHI TD04L turbo from a Subaru Impreza WRX (ironically...) from eGay,

DSC00620.jpg

DSC00621.jpg

a Garrett T28BB from a Maptun Saab 2.3T much bigger than the TD04....

DSC00619.jpg

....as you can see.

Last edited:
DSC00615.jpg

DSC00616.jpg

Steeting rack, side skirts, and GTI6 rear axle.
It needs new rear discs and pads but I'll get them as and when needed.

DSC00614.jpg

A little find that I've been looking for a while for (I don't think I've mentioned it before)
An intake manifold from the XUD9 non turbo. Why? theory says that the longer runners should aid in making more torque across the rev band. It's not been done on these before so we will have to see, also it should make it easier to pipe up my intercooler as well so I won't have to get some stupid adaptor make for the current intake.

DSC00604.jpg

2 new tyres for the alloy wheels as the Eagle F1's are worn out, Yokohama Parada Spec 2's same as the other 2, they are fantastic tyres.

So, I've fitted my alloys because I got bored, this is what it looks like now:

DSC00609.jpg

DSC00610.jpg

What do you think of the white wheels? Do they suit it? Opinions please :)

Also have fitted my private plate now but don't have pictures of it J13BSW

That's it so far and will be untill it gets a bit warmer, I'm spending my free time doing overtime at work while I can so I can get some more stuff when I need to :p

Brett

Nice collection of goodies. I like the white wheels, will look gooderer when it's lowered. Can't you get rid of that Peugeot badge so nobody knows what it really is LOL. You using the TD04 first?

Nice collection of goodies. I like the white wheels, will look gooderer when it's lowered. Can't you get rid of that Peugeot badge so nobody knows what it really is LOL. You using the TD04 first?

You like the wheels then? Ok then you're one of few people who like them, I'm not so sure myself
I'm asuming you don't mean the one on the boot lid because I need that one to open the boot, but the ones near the bumper I will most likely remove and the stupid "Vivant" logo's on the doors you can see it in the pictures of my cars if you have a closer look.
and yes will be trying the TD04 first but that said the T28 should be easier to fit because the oil lines will fit straight on, I'm going to e-mail Mitsubishi Turbos about the specs for the turbo I have, I'm not sure which line does what, and I don't have any serial numbers etc for the Garrett though either...

I do like them, yeah. I think they'll look really good once it's lowered and you've done a few other bits and....WHAT ON EARTH HAVE YOU GOT ON YOUR FEET!!!!??? LOL!

You getting a stainless mani made up or using a cast one with a new flange? Might be a pain sorting a flange and getting it welded onto the cast manifold, plus it's more likely to crack.

Oil lines are childs play Brett, might be a good idea to pop onto a Scooby forum and find out which one each feed and return is on that TD04.

Nah going to use the standard cast ones, SS manis are expensive especialy if you are experimenting with turbos and setups etc I can get a couple fo used manifolds cheap, I might consider one in the future, I might even change the engine out (for another diesel though ;) ) but we will see how things go.
I'm not worried about cracking too much as I have researched into welding cast manifolds and if done right it shouldn't pose a problem and I have access to loads of welding equipment so I'm sure I'll have the right stuff,
Best way I reckon to do it would be to use a steel flange heat the manifold up and use an arc welder with nickel rods, then let it cool in a hot bucket of sand.
Harvey on here is a Scooby tuner and I have his e-mail addy, he's told me on several occations to send him pictures of my current setup and what I plan to use, so I think that's the best thing to do.

As for what's on my feet, they aren't mine, they're my Dad's I borrowed them to quickly go outside to the garage in :D

Lol I don't believe you. They are clearly your shoes :lol:

I weren't talking about the welding, they are just crap in general. Crack everywhere all the time, especially if they're old and going through lots of heat cycling. Be fun making a new one every 6 months mind :blink:

lol, I should drop them round when I have chance :D

and yes the tyres do grip rather well but I do find the break away on the limit rather harsh as in they give no warning to when they run out of grip they just all of a sudden let go where as my old hankooks kind of gave you a friendly reminder that you were driving like a spanner before they desided to put my in a hedge backwards...and that's not the good kind either...............;)

wheels look good mate.mind you i do like white as you can see by my car.your garage is like alladins cave for us 306 owners.you,ve got some nice parts there mate.i hope to start getting some parts for mine in the new year.was that a bosch pump i saw.you,ve had your xmas prezzy.s early.i am gonna hafto get my letter off to santa.

Yeah as mentioned before, it is a Bosch pump as they are far superior to the Lucas equivalent as they are stronger and can be modified which is what I intend to do. I need to get a Bosch pump from a Transit as well or possibly a Fiat 2.8 or something like that as they have the bigger plungers I will need to make the big power happen

Right then, update time,

been meaning to do this for a while now but it is that time of the year and I've been eating and drinking too much to even think about doing but now I have some free time....

so here goes....

DSC00644.jpg

got a front bumper off a phase 3 306, it's the same as the GTi6 front bumper just minus the front splitter but I can get one brand new for very little money so I'm not worried there...

DSC00646.jpg

got my new suspension kit now :)

DSC00645.jpg

springs, 35-40mm lower at the front. rear has torsion bars so I will have to adjust accordingly.

DSC00647.jpg

DSC00648.jpg

Rear shock, adjustable I can see myself playing with the settings for ages when I get these on.

DSC00649.jpg

DSC00650.jpg

Front strut, again adjustable

I have been told this is a very good kit but if I find the front springs a bit too stiff then Eibach pro kits will be an ideal subsitue.

Also, on another note....

I don't know if you have seen my post in the "wanted" section of our site but I am looking at replacing my 306 with, another 306 but 3 door.

I just feel that is the best thing to do considering what I want to do with the car.

The plan is to strip most of the interior out and just have front seats and the like and I have been hunting around for a new car. It just makes sence as there is some body work issues with my car so I thought it better to get another car. Obviously I will want to sell my car but not till I have sourced a nice 3 door 1.9 dt to work on.

Thats it for now hopefully in the next month or so work should start comensing to make all this possible :)

Brett

Suspension kit looks good, ya gonna be fiddling round with that for ages i think, will be good when its all on the car

No idea, I will have a look though, but they do say on them they are adjustable.

I should have left the leaflet out before I put the box in the garage.

Indeed it is,

Like I said they are adjustable, on the rear ones you have to left the plastic cover to adjust them, on the fronts I'm not so sure, they aren't like coilover units.

Quick update, just bought a Garrett T2, exhaust manifold and oil lines from another 306 dt which I will be using to make my T2-T28 hybrid, if it fits together....

I'm liking the steady progress and I have to commend anyone who can produce these types of results from the space you've been provided. I've probably twice the space and plenty of drive and would be hard pressed for half this outcome.
Keep up the good work mate.

Thanks for your support chap,

Like Ive said before it is just a collection of parts at the moment and I haven't actually made any significant progress on putting it on a car.
I'm still looking for a nice 3 door to work on and I'm waiting on a few bits and pieces and I still need a few things like a gearbox, clutch, discs and pads for that rear beam, master cylinder, Bosch transit van injection pump and I might need an external wastegate.

Hopefully when my 3rd turbo turns up and all the bits that go with it I can start making a hybrid.

Also Kyle and herb, Im still yet to look at how my shocks adjust but they are deffinately adjustable though.
I'll fill you all in later and hopefully it will make sence :)

I'm liking the steady progress and I have to commend anyone who can produce these types of results from the space you've been provided. I've probably twice the space and plenty of drive and would be hard pressed for half this outcome.
Keep up the good work mate.

Also, I bet you've never seen a Peugeot 306 before :)

jarrus: just seen on a site in reference to your front dampers "The stiffness of these Koni special dampers is adjustable, where possible this can be done from an adjuster on the top of the damper while the damper is fitted to the vehicle. Where this is not possible the damper does have to be removed to be adjusted."

Nice project. Are you rocking the TD04L from the preza, or are you using the TD04 from the 2.3T Saab? I am guessing it is from a 9-5, but could be off a 9000 aero. I myself have a TD04^6cm off a 9k aero, and it is a great turbo. Very reliable and can produce 300whp easy on saabs, not sure about peugeots. There is a difference between the 9k TD and the 9-5 TD, with the 9k being bigger with the ^6cm housing. But enough of that.

Love the koni's, love the progress, keep it up.