Speaker change

djmca2008

Tuner
Car
Civic Aerodeck D16
Has anyone upgraded the front speakers in a civic aerodeck or mb6 shape? If so what do you recommend? Im not putting in an amp, just running them of the headunit but want better quality sound over the O.E ones.

Just thought id let u know that i changed my front speakers. The O.E speakers are 6" but due to the restricted mounting space, i went for 5 1/4" JBLs and had to make speaker rings to cope with the extra depth. Also, ive looked @ the rear speakers (5 1/4" O.E) and there is only 1" mounting depth so nothing is available direct swap so im making up speaker rings for them as well.

a good head unit is half the battle,
i recomend sony, ( any model), but ive heard panasonic or jvc are the best for sound

the speakers in a honda accord usally are queit good,
and heres another idea

go to a scrapyard and look for a jap import, sometimes the speakers in them are called carozzetta, now their a good speaker
ive got me a pair from the eg project my mate and i are doing and their brillant

Its a JVC headunit i have in it, its a few years old and was kinda the base model but ive always thought the bass from it isnt great. The JBL speakers are a good improvement over stock. Clearer treble and faster, tighter bass. I was able to mount them in behind the front door panels even with the speaker rings so they dont look any different, the rears will just have to wait for a week or 2 as ive just bought a new laptop and am about to buy coilovers! The rears need at least a 3/4" speaker ring to give enough depth for even shallow fit speakers.

Just thought id let u know that i changed my front speakers. The O.E speakers are 6" but due to the restricted mounting space, i went for 5 1/4" JBLs and had to make speaker rings to cope with the extra depth. Also, ive looked @ the rear speakers (5 1/4" O.E) and there is only 1" mounting depth so nothing is available direct swap so im making up speaker rings for them as well.

Alpine do some slimline speakers that will fit in there nicely.

Alpine do some slimline speakers that will fit in there nicely.

Cheers for that mate, il check them out. Might save me having to make up the adaptors as i want the car to remain standard looking inside