Pulling up at the wrong pump

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How many times do you pull up at the wrong pump?

I probably run at a 1 in 3 failure rate and seem to get either a diesel only or a diesel and superunleaded pump!

It's probably just our backward little area where there are only specific fuels pumped from certain lanes.

I could swear they move the pumps around to fool me:blink:

No, but then part of the reason I switched to diesel is because the work vehicles are all diesel - thus less thinking to do when refuelling :D.

I will say it does seem a bit wierd your way though waynne. Don't see many diesel only pumps at all (usually these sit outside for HGV drivers to use without bumping the cover), and most pumps our way are diesel/unleaded. I have seen a couple of diesel/super, but they're very rare.

never seen just super and diesel. most around here are unleaded, diesel and super diesel. local shell garage has super at every pump, and BP only has it at 1 even though they all have ultimate above them because of the diesel

funny that this subject should raise its head
filled up the diesel ute on thursday with unleaded made it home ( just ) and spent the next hour empting and transfering the fuel to the other cars . IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN . THE GOOD PART ABOUT ADMITTING THIS IS THAT NO ONE KNOWS ME :::::

:lol: Poor weber! I guess we all do this once in our lives. The fear of this is the thing that puts me off from buying a diesel.