Torque Cars

Peugeot clutch

Discussion in 'Peugeot forums' started by AZUM, 5 January 2011.

1. AZUM

AZUM Wrench Pro

KENYA, NAIROBI
    Car:
    peugeot 206 x line
    Hello pgarner,

thanks for your advise on the air flow sensor have cleaned it up and will try out the car this was for the toyota corolla.

Ok now i have a question on the peugeot 206 , just got the complete clutch replaced with a original french make. the trouble i have now is that the clutch leaves suddenly as thou it springs out. what could be causing this ? could the splines be too high? if so will they settle with time or do i need to repalce the system again.

thanks

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Did they replace the release bearing and entire clutch mechanism or just the clutch plate?

3. AZUM

AZUM Wrench Pro

KENYA, NAIROBI
    Car:
    peugeot 206 x line
    Hi waynne,

Yes the complete clutch system was replaced the thrust bearing, clutch disc and pressure plate together with the clutch cable which was almost breaking.

The gears are very hard / tight to engage thou i greased the links while replacing the clutch system this was not there prior to replacing the clutch. Please help did i miss fixing somthing here???

4. AZUM

AZUM Wrench Pro

KENYA, NAIROBI
    Car:
    peugeot 206 x line
    While dead stop at junctions if i pump the clutch a couple of times the first gear almost engaging smoothly. while the engine is switch of the gears seem to engage fine.

5. AZUM

AZUM Wrench Pro

KENYA, NAIROBI
    Car:
    peugeot 206 x line
    Good Day,

Can anyone please help me out with the peugeot 206 idle issue, where is the speed sensor located and mass air flow sensor? can these be cleaned? i read about the revised coil pack before i tackle this i want to make sure the above sensors are ok.

thanks

6. AZUM

AZUM Wrench Pro

KENYA, NAIROBI
    Car:
    peugeot 206 x line
    Good Day,

I was checking the peugoet 206 spark plugs this morning and noticed that plug N0. 2 and 4 are burning fine but plug N0. 1 and 3 are white that is over heating can anyone help out here please what is causing this?

thanks

7. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    MAF should be just after the airbox region. and normally can be cleaned using carb cleaner

8. AZUM

AZUM Wrench Pro

KENYA, NAIROBI
    Car:
    peugeot 206 x line
    Good Day,

any diagram to point the exact location?

Thanks

9. pgarner

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    nope sorry

look at the airbox and intake pipe leading to the engine. it should be the 1st electrical connector - closest to the airbox

10. AZUM

AZUM Wrench Pro

KENYA, NAIROBI
    Car:
    peugeot 206 x line
    It may sound funny but it seems like my car does not have the mass air flow sensor the only one that i can locate is the manifold pressure sensor which is fitted to the throttle body closer to the coolant bottle and the lambda sensor on the manifold.

The other sensor that i can see is the idle controller (stepper Motor) is there a way i can send you the engine diagram????

thanks you are always a great help

11. pgarner

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    might be incorporated into the pressure sensor.

a picture really wouldnt help as i dont know the pug engines

12. AZUM

AZUM Wrench Pro

KENYA, NAIROBI
    Car:
    peugeot 206 x line
    Good Day,

Any ideas how i can replace the oxygen sensor ( Lambada sensor) in peugeot 206. On the manifold where it is fitted uses a size 22 fixed spanner but there is not enough space to turn it open if i try from the socket side the socket is too big to pass through the ring spanner.

13. AZUM

AZUM Wrench Pro

KENYA, NAIROBI
    Car:
    peugeot 206 x line
    Good Day,

Any ideas how i can replace the oxygen sensor ( Lambada sensor) in peugeot 206. On the manifold where it is fitted uses a size 22 fixed spanner but there is not enough space to turn it open if i try from the socket side the socket is too big to pass through the ring spanner.

Where is the peugeot 206 alaram siren located and how to adjust the siren sound

14. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    If you have a picture I can advise, Pug's are more my thing.

15. AZUM

AZUM Wrench Pro

KENYA, NAIROBI
    Car:
    peugeot 206 x line
    Good Day,

In a peugeot 206 which gear links are allocated to 1st and 2nd gear shifts? i am having a problem with the 1st and 2nd gear engaging and sometimes with the reverse. The 3rd, 4th and 5th are engage smoothly.

Thanks

16. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    It should be just one linkage arm, I don't think there's seperate ones, if it's crunching a couple of the gears then you may need a new selector in the gearbox or even another gearbox.

I'm pretty sure the linkage is adjustable though.

17. AZUM

AZUM Wrench Pro

KENYA, NAIROBI
    Car:
    peugeot 206 x line
    Good Day,

thank you for your advise. The peugeot 206 has three links two small ones and one long. But not adjustable. Now from the three links i cant figure out which one is for the 1st , 2nd & reverse gear. On some occasions if i pump the clutch pedal a couple of times the 1,2 and reverse engage smoothly.

I found the link ends are cup like which fit to knobs and they all had a crack in them i guess its a fibre glass like material.

One more advise please there is this ball like just below the gear links it seems to have play but no signs of cracks or worn out i have cleaned and greased it would this be the problem??

Thanks again

18. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    Could be but wouldn't hurt to give it a try,

To find out which one does 123 gears, jack the car up and get a friend to move the stick while you see what moves

19. AZUM

AZUM Wrench Pro

KENYA, NAIROBI
    Car:
    peugeot 206 x line
    Thanks again

I will check this out.

20. AZUM

AZUM Wrench Pro

KENYA, NAIROBI
    Car:
    peugeot 206 x line
    Good Day,

I NEED HELP with Peugeot Clutch Kit. Ok First Jarrus i jacked up the car and noticed that the gear selector unit not the links. the copper bush was worn out i got a new bush replaced on this and the ball had less play.

Got a New clutch kit complete with the bearing, pressure and disc plates. the clutch still leaves late as thou the when the clutch is worn out. the clutch padel is much soft now i also got a new clutch cable fitted. the fly wheel areas is in good conditon.

Can anyone help me out here what would be causing the late clutch release. Gear engaging is much smoother thou hard at times but my conern is the late clutch release.

thanks

21. AZUM

AZUM Wrench Pro

KENYA, NAIROBI
    Car:
    peugeot 206 x line
    Good Day

any help with with my previous posting please!!!!!!!!!!1

22. AZUM

AZUM Wrench Pro

KENYA, NAIROBI
    Car:
    peugeot 206 x line
    Good Day,

PEUGEOT 206 MANUAL TRANSMISSION

Need your advise yet again please.

I noticed that the heater matrix compartment behind the audio system below the dash board towards the floor Heats up extremely.

What could be causing this? Thou the Aircon, fan and the heating switches within the cabin seem to be working fine the car temperature goes up to 95 before the fan comes on.

Any idea where the coolant sensor is located on these cars may be its due for replacement?

Thanks

23. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    Perfectly normal mate i wouldnt worryabout it

24. AZUM

AZUM Wrench Pro

KENYA, NAIROBI
    Car:
    peugeot 206 x line
    Normal but it heats up the moment the i start the car and gradually its hot to touch. Hope the coolant sensor had not packed up.

Would high coolant temperature cause erratic raves??

thanks

25. AZUM

AZUM Wrench Pro

KENYA, NAIROBI
    Car:
    peugeot 206 x line
    Good Day

i am still tryinging to sort our my peugeot 206. I have checked again and again can't seem to locate the MAF sensor or the EGR Valve. Could someone please point out the exact place where is should look for these two.............