New owner

MTK

Car
mitsubishi 3000gt
Hi all

I have just become the proud owner of a 93 3000GT, red with 81k and a sound history. The car is everything I had hoped it would be and has been well looked after. It is standard apart from a new exhaust system made for the car by P.D Gough. The one thing the car does need is new rod ends and bushings which are showing some wear, I have kicked the process off by fitting new front drop links. I was considering putting some lowering springs in and was wondering what the views are on this? Does it mess up the ECS system?

Cheers all
MTK.

hello, good evening and welcome.

i know naff all about modern cars i'm afraid, but it's nice to meet you anyway.:)

Thanks for the welcome.
Just moved over from the Jaguar forum myself.
S type to 3000GT, big leap ;).

Sweet car, much better than an old jaguar! ;) :) It will look really nice lowered. I cant think why the ECS would complain unless you went really low.

Hello there, glad you're liking the car. A guy round our way has one with a super dragger exhaust on it and it sounds very nice indeed.

You can lower the car up to 35mm with E.C.S. and not interfere with the electronic function. You may find that you will need rear upper control arms to reclaim the camber as most of these cars will not align correctly in that area with the suspension lowered [too much neg].
You will of course need full 4 wheel alignment after lowering.
The best springs for the job are Chassis Dynamics Avo, they retail at about £160 plus v.a.t. and should take about twenty minutes per corner to fit.
Be very careful where you get it aligned, there are set procedures to follow when lowering these cars due to the four wheel steer etc. The rear rack MUST be disconnected before alignment can be done correctly.

Thanks for that Country Bumpkin, you know your stuff! Was in two minds if I should go with lowering springs our hold off and make the leap to coil overs once i gather the funds. Liked the photos of your car by the way.

I hope i know them, I own www.sumiyaka.co.uk well, half of it anyway. :) However, i'm under no illusion that i know everything about everything, everyday brings a new challenge even after working on these cars for nearly ten years now.

Bet you go to work with a smile on your face though! :)

Hi buddy your post got caught up in the moderation queue because you need 10 posts in order to upload images or post links.
I know you only quoted something from Country Bumpkin's post so I've allowed it for you buddy. Have a wander round the forum and get posting mate you'll soon reach 10. Cheers mate :bigsmile: