Hello! New 3000gt owner here. Doing rebuild. Tips anyone?

L

lifesadream52

:p

Hello! And I may say its a great deal being here!

I just wanted to start out saying I finally got to purchase a 3000gt 94 sl. Great condition however the engine was in need of serious love :(.

For a few months the car sat after having a hard run. Everything works wonderful on the car but after giving a tune up the car finally blew the headgasget or seal.

#1 sparkplug was corroded so bad and had oil all over it. I replaced it and thats when it went.

The neglection towards this car makes me sad yet I am willing to take my time a bring her slowly back to life.

In restoring this motor. I would love some input on suggestions towards the rebuild. Im going to go with a 5-6 psi boost using a GSX turbo set up from a friends car he has no longer.

Im only talking about the motor suggestions here:
So far i plan on getting on a rebuilt motor:

fidanza cam gears
Thermostat
radiator
All belts replaced
New gasgets
new Water pump
new Oil pump
High flow fuel pump
Ported and polished down to the block.

Things im not too sure on getting:

Forged cams or just stocks are ok?
forged pistons?
and new performance valves?

The turbo is just to get help with my mileage and a little fun to have. Nothing serious.

Well as a new user here I'd like to say hello to everyone here and hope to meet some new friend here :).

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend :)

Please feel free to have a look around the website, there are many varied and interesting articles to read on all manner of car modifying subjects.
Also, you may find our members project threads and photo gallery very useful as a source of inspiration towards your own very special project!

Good luck to you & I hope you enjoy the forum! :)