Honda Civic Type R 08

welcome to tc, another honda head aboard
im irish, but prince is the honda mod, so he'll sort you out

Alright bud, welcome to TorqueCars. I would go for either a Spoon exhaust or a custom system. Be careful with a Spoon exhaust though as this may restrict your power. HKS could also provide a good system.

What other plans you got mate?

Alright bud, welcome to TorqueCars. I would go for either a Spoon exhaust or a custom system. Be careful with a Spoon exhaust though as this may restrict your power. HKS could also provide a good system.

What other plans you got mate?
Im new to Hondas but want to get the HP up to around 300. Ive been living in Germany for many years & have been into Hot Audis, but Im well impressed with the Honda & it uses a fraction of the gas the Audi did.

Im going to see Prodrive on Tuesday, see what they suggest. Will advise

300bhp can be achieved quite nicely with the K20A engine you'll have. A full exhaust system, cams, injectors, cold air intake and a supercharger should do the trick!

Hi rich and a warm welcome to TorqueCars.
Thanks for the welcome Wayne, Ive had a KN Air Filter fitted today, car feels much more responsive, its going in just after Christmas to have the engine done, not having a supercharger fitted, but having many engine parts upgraded, also having it polished for better gas flow.

if you need any contacts for Audi, just drop me a line. Just sold my RS6 back in Germany, what a car!

Cheers

Rich

Keep u informed!!

I'll drop you a line when I'm after some bits then Rich.

Keep us posted, it sounds like sensible mods and you should end up with a really nicely sorted car.

Hi guys. Very new to this forum or rather any forum at all. I've got the new civic type r a few months ago and loving every moment of it... my mates however, are driving the new evos and tend to leave me behind at times im afraid... i have plans to modify Rhonda (..my car), however, not until the manufacturers warranty runs out... could someone please advise me on what i can do to it, without making my warranty void??? Really appreciate it.

Cheers!

Hi there Shayan and welcome to TorqueCars. Rhonda eh? Thats imaginative:D

Warrantees tend to vary, most will try and rule out pretty much anything though. An induction kit is fairly easy to bolt on and off so perhaps this should be first.

It would be worth getting a good limited slip diff and this will help the cornering a lot. For power gains you need to start swapping manifolds and headers and getting the head flowed and ported with a fast road cam and VTEC controller/remap.

Another route to take is a supercharger which would give a massive power hike for the money.

hi shayan welcome to tc
id wait til the warrenty was up before id fiddle with it 2 reasons
1 is so they cant use your mods against you in the case of something breaking in the car (highly unlikely)
2 is it will give it the chance to break itself in, all new cars need to be broke in

bolt on mods are nice and easy to get better performance, but in order to keep up with evos, you need to have forced induction = super charged, even with that youd struggle
evos are seriously quick, and with 4 wheel drive, its a tall order for a honda to do
it can be done though, but id hold off awhile before going crazy on the hp

Wayne/Prevtec, firstly many thanks for welcomming me onboard and an even bigger thanks for the info. I think i might try and find an induction kit that (like you said) should be easy to put on and take off before i give it in for service... but i agree with prevtec, il wait till the warranty is over before i go crazy mode on boosting my bhp... one day, il be leaving those evos behind! You guys made my day :) Cheers!

I'll keep you guys posted on the mods... let me know if you know any places where i can get a decent reliable induction kit...

Have a great christmas too!

Hi guys,
Just got onto the first forum ever for me. Have also a 58 civic type R and wanting to look at big hp gains as soon as Honda allow. Had terrible trouble with them already as the car is an import and they have taken issue with the fact that I paid £3k under what they were asking for it. Good car though but frustrating on the road as to get the best out of it you have to race at higher speeds for the VVTI to even kick in. Need more power at lower revs!!!

Gerald

Last edited by a moderator:
hey and welcome to the site mate.
all hondas are low on torque at the bottom end, best bet on this would be to look at getting a supercharger kit, intercooler and possibly water injection as the type Rs already run high compression (iirc 11:1) you may need to fit lower compression pistons if your looking for higher gains.