Help with Toyota Corolla

AZUM

Wrench Pro
Car
peugeot 206 x line
Hi waynne,
i need some assitance on a toyota coroll, manual transmission, 1300 cc, ee 111 model:

I have replaced the clutch system 5 times now but the car still judders on first and reverse gears. All gear and engine mountings have been replaced as well.

The clutch leaves early less then an inch. I have also tried using different makes of clutch but nothing works.

Fly wheel, pressure plate, clutch plate all are well levelled.

Kindly assit.

Were the mats removed when it was first adjusted. I had problems with my 1.3GS due to the thick car mat, with that out it adjusted up fine.

Did you replace the release bearing etc when you did the clutch? Is everything central and aligned?

Last edited:
when you changed it 5 times what did you change

did you change it all

carpet is good but would not make it judder and if its only a inch off the floor there is something wrong
adjusted wrong or cable is streched or fork arm is bent
have seen all these things before

when you changed it 5 times what did you change

did you change it all

carpet is good but would not make it judder and if its only a inch off the floor there is something wrong
adjusted wrong or cable is streched or fork arm is bent
have seen all these things before
thanks

yes i removed the mats, when replaced the clutch 5 times a complete set was replaced i.e the pressure plate, clutch plate / disc,thrust bearing. We do not get the pilot bearings with the clutch set however i checked the pilot bearing it was fine. The release fort it in good shape.

I udnerstand that there is a marking on the flywheel which should be considered when removing the clutch the first time. Now i did not mark this marking. Is there a way to get the markings back to the original?

Bleeding of the clutch system was also done but no difference.

Thanks