help with 1.5 lsi

2donskoy2

Wrench Pro
Car
ford festa mk5 1.7
hey looking for some advice for my civic 1.5lsi 94 model. What could i do to get the most out of my engine? Also what engine suitable for a swap?

hey looking for some advice for my civic 1.5lsi 94 model. What could i do to get the most out of my engine? Also what engine suitable for a swap?

Alright bud. 2 words for you... engine swap. The engine in an LSi only puts out around 106 bhp. If you wanted to tune that engine you will need to fit a exhaust system, a de-cat, 4-1 manifold, cold air intake (CAI) and then upgrade the air filter, the headers (possible mini-me conversion) and the cams. After that your engine will produce around 120-130 bhp.

Instead, it would be far better to swap your current engine for a JDM B18C (200bhp as standard) and then do the above. You'll end up with around 220bhp. Much better than the above.

Don't forget though, before any engine swap you will need to upgrade the brakes and suspension vastly. Another thing, don't always think power, think weight as well. Where ever you can afford to lose weight... lose it! Rota do a very good range of lightweight JDM rims, and you can also pick up carbon fibre bonnets and other carbon fibre parts.

Any other questions?

ok thanks. So what sort of brakes we talking? Ones off a higher power civic or some out of max power or hond-r?

Also ive been told to see if i can fit a 2ltr head on to my 1.5 would any actually fit? And where would b the best place to source an engine?

The brakes from a Civic Type R should be ok. However, don't forget that your rear brakes will be drums which means a disc conversion on the back. This means the whole beam needs replacing.

The 2 litre head wouldn't really be worth it imo (and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't fit). You may as well just drop in a bigger engine that has higher tuning capabilities.

When you say Hond-R... are you you talking about the tuning company in Oxford?

orite ok ill save for the JDM then but going to be expensive with rear disc conversion ohwell haha so do u you no where i can sauce the engine or a few places?? and yeas the tuning company in oxford

Big brake conversion will cost you around £1000. You can take the brake set up from a EP3.

Hond-R in Oxford can source the engine for you mate. They, in my opinion are the best Honda tuners you will come across in the UK. Give them a call mate, they'll sort you out. http://www.hond-r.co.uk/index.php?a...ct&PHPSESSID=6334d0f0ef95deeed374b8087e03f088. Maz and Russell are possibly the most genuine guys you will ever let near your car.

To be honest about the cost of things mate, it will be a lot, but when it's finished you'll have a powerful, great handling road car that will suprise a lot of people that can easily be maintained and is very reliable.

Another point is, if insurance is going to be a problem, get the car looking the way you want first. Get some JDM clear indicators and front and rear lips. A set of rims as well if you haven't already go some. Rota do a good range.

i second that ... also d series engines can take some build : cams ,cylinder head work etc .can get up to 150bhp n/a

Last edited:
orite thanks prince (y) atleast theres you on here with all your knowledge haha al get some money together and give the boys at hond-r a call cheers again .