First mods.. what to do guys!?

T7FFD

Wrench Pro
Car
honda civic type r
Hello I have a honda civic type r ep3...

What are the best mods for performance on a budget?

induction? decat? manifold? stainless steel straight through exhaust?

any one selling anything or you no anyone selling anything that you think i may be interested in let me no :D

on the CTR you will need to spend some ££££, full exhaust would be a good start - manifold , sports/decat, cat back.
good CAI kit - cheapo ones will probably lose you power as honda did spend the time getting this flowing well

Its better to save up and get good quality stuff rather than just using cheap parts. I agree with PG the exhaust would be a good place to start. If that is too much then just get some new headers (manifold) for the exhaust.

Induction kits are probably the cheapest option but you will need a cold air feed pipe if you want power gains.

ok thanks PG what do you mean by CAI kit?
wayne have seen the cold air feed induction kits on ebay for like 30ish quid.. thought that they would be cheap and nasty, am i right?

There's that much choice out there for Civics exhaust-wise it's best to research on what owners think is the best but it's very much a point of view thing tbh. A De-cat is a de-cat. Depends how much you've been offered and B pipe for I suppose?

The Supersprint one is unsilenced so can be very loud if you use an aftermarket backbox. Not so much with the standard backbox. The Spoon B pipe is good apparently. Increased air flow by over 20% bench tests report. Requires some modification to some of the bolt holes on a UK EP3 though I've heard. Silenced also then again it is a lot more expensive than the Supersprint one new.

Horses for courses with so much choice avaliable.

80 quid for the b pipe.. de cat for 50, ye there way to much choice and the price varies so much! would i get much of a increase from both mods then? would be keeping the standard back box to keep noise at a min..

£80 is a good price for the B pipe assuming it's in good nick. Yes you'll get small gains, but Honda's Type-R engines are setup well from the factory. That's probably why the good parts are so expensive, you're paying for all the extra research and development that had to go into them to achieve more worthwhile gains from the car.