Explanation of Ricer wanted

Coming from the man who drives a Yank 4x4 :lol::p

Damn, I was hoping that no one would notice that.......... Now, let me think...............Right...

Ah, but that is to tow the ALL-ENGLISH LOTUS ELAN. And Anyway, USA speaks English (well, most of them).

AND it is not a Ricer!

OK, so I'm struggling :)

Last edited:
i`ve always considered the term Ricer to be racist. Born from brain cell challenged americans who hate anything that comes from asian shores, especially Japan. The more they try and explain its innocence the more sceptical i am.

i`ve always considered the term Ricer to be racist. Born from brain cell challenged americans who hate anything that comes from asian shores, especially Japan. The more they try and explain its innocence the more sceptical i am.

If you are not allowed to explain the reasons you think it is not a racist term what are you supposed to do, keep quiet? Are only PC people allowed valid opinions?

As far as I, and my Jap friends, are concerned Ricer just refers to the cars. There are plenty of racist words to describe Japanese people without adding to them. My friends have some that would get me locked up!

Ricer IS an insult, but to the cars not the makers (at least in the way I use it).

Not all Americans hate Jap cars, you only have to drive around LA to see that. If it's not a 4x4 it is usually a Jananese compact (usually driven by people too young to remember WWII).

I suppose all these words have made you even more sceptical :)

Last edited:
I never said you wasn`t allowed to explain, just that it make ME more sceptical, and as we all know opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one, just some are bigger than others :smile: I didn`t say that all americans hated jap cars, i said brain cell challenged ones. :wink:

I never said you wasn`t allowed to explain, just that it make ME more sceptical, and as we all know opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one, just some are bigger than others :smile: I didn`t say that all americans hated jap cars, i said brain cell challenged ones. :wink:

Agreed, but the States doesn't have a monopoly on them :)

http://www.riceboypage.com/
this website is dedicated to ricers lol. go through the pictures and you'll get an idea of what a ricer is.

btw if my 1st car is a 98 civic 1.4i and i put on a type r lip kit and grille, add alloys and an exhaust will i be considered as a ricer because i cant afford a real type r and the insurane?

1.. I consider a Ricer to be the car, not the person, but opinions differ on this.

2.. Very few of us can afford want we want. We have all been where you are.

3.. Build a car for yourself first and foremost. If you like it, then that is ALL that matters. However, if you are building to impress others then you are fair game :)