Explanation of Ricer wanted

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How would you define a Ricer? Is it a racist term? Can it only apply to Japanese cars, or will Jap style mods on other cars count? Can other countries cars be described as ricers?

What is it that puts a car into the ricer category?

Shall we coin a new phrase - "boy ricer"?

to me a ricer is someone who was, yip you guessed it, a jap car with all the sitckers and loud exhaust. proper fast and furious style looking

But does the car have to be jap like Waynne said? Can it be a french car Jap styled with all the stickers an the exhaust etc etc......???

i thought a ricer was a wanne be racer some one who puts visual mods i.e enormus exhaust than will probly slow the car down ??? on computer games you get difficultys like ricer, racer, pro ect ??

A Gendoz says, I thought a Ricer was someone who spent all their hard earned cash at Halfrauds, sorry I mean Halfords lol.

to me a ricer is someone who was, yip you guessed it, a jap car with all the sitckers and loud exhaust. proper fast and furious style looking
and your right apart from 1 or 2 who have corsa's due to first time insurance

i think why alot of them have jap cars is because their bullit proof and put up with the abuse they get from ricers

A 'ricer' is somebody who makes their Japanese car look like it's fast but in reality it's completely standard under the hood and has no perfomance mods except an exhaust.

taken from link above ^^^^^

RICER

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

OH yea and haha look at the pic
http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/page/ricer-48377.jpg

Turbonutter69 is driving one of the finest handling cars ever unleashed upon the United Kingdom's car buying public.

I had a P11 Primera from 97 through 2005. SR20De (E) engines are stunning. Mine was an automatic model but it still got on with the job at hand.

It's nowhere near as fast as the 406 diesel I am currently using but those P11's really do stick to the road.

Turbonutter69 is driving one of the finest handling cars ever unleashed upon the United Kingdom's car buying public.

I had a P11 Primera from 97 through 2005. SR20De (E) engines are stunning. Mine was an automatic model but it still got on with the job at hand.

It's nowhere near as fast as the 406 diesel I am currently using but those P11's really do stick to the road.

Agreed.............
Wanna race? lol :D:D:D

Our circle keeps it simple.

A ricer is ANY car from the land of the rising son, good or bad.

Any red blooded Englishman who buys an import is a traitor to the cause and should be run over by their own car until they see sense.
:)