Driving in the Rain

dpsubaru

The Torque Meister
Car
Subaru WRX Turbo 04
Why do people slow down so much in light rain? Speed limits are well within the cars capabilities (and hopefully the drivers) so why do people slow down, why not just leave more room between you and the car in front?

I do try and slow down a bit in rain. Instead of taking most corners at 90, I tend to slow it down to around 80ish! lol

MWHAHAHAHAHA

:lol:

I think those that slow right down tend to have defective wipers, smeary windscreens and rubbish blowers. If these cars were properly maintained I'm sure there would be fewer people crawling along in light drizzle.

I think they slow down to try to avoid the accidents created by the rest of the idiots on the road who see no reason to switch on their headlights, drive as close to the vehicle in front without actually mating or are disillusioned that their reflexes are so good that they can avoid absolutely any hazard that pops up. :)
Just my view of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean too close? What a preposterous idea! As if you could ever be too close to the car in front. Close following is essential for safety. That way if the driver in front has to brake sharply you'll hit them with a very small speed differential so there won't be much damage at all. It also saves on brake pad wear.