Can I save my A3 1.6 sport?

J

JoJo

My a3 was bought in March 10, it's approx. 10 years old and has done just under 80,000 miles. I've had 2 incidences where it looses power and judders quite badly. Engine management light comes on. I have had spark plugs changed twice in the last 6 months due to this problem. The mechanic who looked at it last has warned me to get rid of it ASAP as the engine is going to fail. Some thing to do with cylinders and burning out spark plugs (clogged up with oil and carbon)apparently the problem will get worse until the engine completely fails. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any other solution (other than changing the engine)? I absolutely love my car and do not want to get rid of it.

hey and welcome tot he site
if its clogging up sparks with oil then get shot of it. chances are the pistons rings may be worn and the 1.6 engine is hard to split with cases of the engine becoming distorted when pulled apart due to the alloy block.

if your wanting to keep the car then look for another engine - same engines are in golfs, boras, leons, octavias as well as your a3