best car for a new driver

I'm 20 tbh mate just get something cheap untill your 23. Moding any car at our age is a bitch. Insurance won't drop till your 25 and for the first 2 years of drivin 6 points on your license and you've lost it. Get a Clio 1.4 dynamique I've got the 1.2 which handles really well, my mates got the 1.4 and it feels quick enough and can hold it's own on the motorway too.

I completely understand why you want a 'loon dude. Now it's just about picking the right one. I would probably test drive a few first and pick which one I liked best.

my cousin has 2 kids and had to sell her clio due to small rear seats, really not ideal as a family car lol and not much leg room either in the back. and i think a volvo is the way to go as they have high safety ratings

my cousin has 2 kids and had to sell her clio due to small rear seats, really not ideal as a family car lol and not much leg room either in the back. and i think a volvo is the way to go as they have high safety ratings

Fair enough volvo are wicked cars and yeah if you got kids the clio is probs not ideal. The only thing is the t4, apart from the crazy insurance it's abit of a license loser- it's really easy to drive fast and if you get caught accidently speeding twice you have to take the whole thing again but if ur sensible you'll be fine. Hope you get the car ur looking for mate :D

the insurance really wasn't that bad, i got a quote of £1400 with a total excess of £550 3rd party. i'd like to think i'll be a sensible driver, don't wanna lose my life or cost anyone theirs

the volvo seem's like a winner then mate, take the pass plus too. I think it costs around 100 quid but it can knock between 30-40 percent off your insurance and it may actually improve your driving technqiue too, i took it definately worth doing

Not to sure about the racing licence pal, not the right person to ask, cant do any harm and I guess and it might bring insurance down, best thing to call is just call up and enquire loads of different companies. find out as much as u can about it