Audi a3 Generic remap with mods?

carl9213

Car
Audi A3 20v turbo
hello, iv got a Audi a3 20v turbo with the 150 engine its booked in for its remap in the morning but iv been doing some research on a generic remap and some people say its not to clever with some light mods, iv got a front mount intercooler, straight through stainless steel exhaust with standard cat still in and an uprated air filter, the company im getting it remapped with i found at the NEC car show so i believe there well known, will a normal remap be bad for the car with light mods?

also the car is on fully adjustable coilovers but the anti roll bar and drive shaft touch together when i lower it to much iv got shortened adjustable drop links but if anything its made it worse is there anything i could do without changing the roll bar?

thanks

hello, iv got a Audi a3 20v turbo with the 150 engine its booked in for its remap in the morning but iv been doing some research on a generic remap and some people say its not to clever with some light mods, iv got a front mount intercooler, straight through stainless steel exhaust with standard cat still in and an uprated air filter, the company im getting it remapped with i found at the NEC car show so i believe there well known, will a normal remap be bad for the car with light mods?

also the car is on fully adjustable coilovers but the anti roll bar and drive shaft touch together when i lower it to much iv got shortened adjustable drop links but if anything its made it worse is there anything i could do without changing the roll bar?

thanks

Custom mapping doesn't cost much more - I would definitely advise going down that route even with a standard engine - the power delivery is so much smoother across the rev range. Smoother than the standard engine with a factory map in most cases.

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

The place I'm getting it done offers a 14 day full money back guarantee would it be worth trying both to see what feels better or just go straight for the custom map?

A generic should cope with the exhaust and filter change but not sure on the FMIC. Custom maps on a rolling road are always better as the mapper will look at your setup and configure the program to it.

Who is doing the remap? Why aren't you getting a custom map done?

You should be OK but a custom map would be so much better.

Aye - you've already spent a good amount on your mods, it would be a bit of a waste not to get the best you can from them with a custom map. You might have to spend 2 or 3 hundred more but I think it would be worth it.

I'v changed my remap date to tomorrow morning now with revo technik also doing a fully custom map I have a chipped ecu witch is being changed to a flash drive, is that the right route to take?

Go for the custom map would be my suggestion. You will get far more choice this way - the accelerator pedal response curve can be calibrated to your liking, for example; the torque delivery will be far smoother and if nothing else, you won't overwrite vehicle specific parameters such as Chassis number etc. I promise you that you will not be disappointed.

As an aside I am not convinced by aftermarket air filters. OEM paper ones flow very well indeed and are pennies to buy.

To carl9213,

We only need one thread of the same question posted on the forum.

I have moved your duplicate thread from the Say hello & introduction forum and put it with this running thread in General Car Chat. This will save much confusion for everyone flicking between two forums :)

T9 man
Super Moderator.

Last edited: