A3 1.8T- Mods on the way!

woodmeister

Car
audi a3 1.8t (150)
As promised, i thought i'd keep you guys updated on my progress on the mods planned for my 1998 a3 1.8t sport (agu). i will put some pictures up when i get chance to fit all the parts, and the body work is done.

Some changes since my last post, but heres a list of the exterior/engine mods and the status of these modifications at present.

engine:

Have decided to go with Midland VW for my remap, as they are only two miles away and are custom code agents which upon recommendations, i believe are one of the best at the moment.
I spoke with jody over the phone and emails, and he is a really nice guy and knows his stuff! after consulting with him i have decided to go for a phase 2 remap, forge dv, forge tip, and pipercross filter.

As far as exhausts go, i settled on the idea of a jetex full system (turbo back), including high flow cat. this is slightly cheaper than the milltek and supposedly better quality! jody said that alot of people have problems with the millteks creaking and knocking when lowered.

Secondly, the milltek tail pipes hang below the bumper, whereas the jetex go through the rear valance. Although this will require me trimming the rear bumper i think it will add to the overall look, s3 style!

So all the engine parts have being ordered by Jody at Midland VW and I hope to collect and fit them within the next fortnight. As well as changing the cambelt and water pump and giving her a good service ;)

Exterior-

Full silver colour coding of sills and front/rear valances (they are textured grey as standard!) by my mate glen at S+R motor bodies will be done within six weeks, then eibach springs all round, and 18'' rs6 wheels to finsh her off!

will post photos and figures as and when i get them!

sounds like its coming togeather mate.
atlot have complained about ceaking and knocking with any aftermarket downpipe this seems to go away with uprating the dogbone mount.

does miltek not do the 3" twin for the A3 ? i can find them for the bora but not the discrect ones.

rather than cutting your valance, does the S3 one not fit straight on ?

hi mate your plans sound good but a little heads up when ordering from forge make sure they send you the correct tip they sent me the wrong 1 3 times this will save alot of time and hassle as its not the most accessible part to get to