A3 1.8T (150) Mods?

woodmeister

Car
audi a3 1.8t (150)
Hey guys,

Just looking for some advice really, i am definately going to get a remap in the next month or so, at either jabba or awesome gti, but was also going to install a full miltek exhaust (turbo back) and Cold air induction kit, which will maximise the effect of the remap.

What i want to know is, does the cost of these mods negate the benefits?

i've bugeted about £500 for the remap, which should get me up near the 200bhp mark, but the exhaust system and CAI kit will set me back about another £700! Is it worth it???

I am under the impression that exhaust and induction kit may add about 10-15 bhp more, but really wanted to know if anybody on here has made such mods and your reccomendations about them, I am not really fussed about it sounding super loud, i'd rather have a wolf in sheeps clothing. :D

thanks guys

herb is the man for this.
your right the remap will take it up to around 190bhp the exhaust and intake will take to to around 200.
another thing to have a look at is the N75j valve to replace the standard N75* valve ( changed between models

Another way of looking at it is that the Miltek exhaust will last much much longer than the standard exhaust so you will save in the long run. I wouldn't say the exhaust is loud - it does add to the driver experience though.

Thats a good point wayne, i noticed there were a couple of pin holes aorund the back box last mot, so i'm as well to upgrade when i change anyway.

thanks for the input guys.

wood

id say get the filter and exhausts done in like the first month n then get it re mapped after, you will get a better increase when remapped with the filter n exhaust cos the flow rate will be a lot higher and can increase the boost more! when im due for new exhaust im going to get a performance one cos as said above, it will last longer, might not sound much difference but it will give it a sweeter note!

thanks guys, thats pretty much what i thought. I will keep you posted as and when i mod, and give my recommendations.

cheers