92 non turbo gto auto box ecu

hodge

Car
3000gto
hi there, i have a gto that is in limp mode , i have put in a recon engine ecu & the car runs sweet as a nut but will only set off in third gear & does not change up or down, i have tried two garages to have it plugged in with several readers but with no success . i have tried everwhere to find another ecu with the same number as mine also without success . does anybody know if a gearbox ecu from the same model & year will work even if it has a different number,

Was the new engine/ecu UK spec or from an import? Are you sure the gearbox is not faulty?

hi there, the engine ecu was a recon unit from the ecu doctor with matching numbers to mine, i thought the box could be faulty but as the gearbox ecu cannot be picked up from any of the readers that have been tried i assumed the gearbox ecu had gone faulty the same as the engine ecu. i am thinking that it may be a trial & error thing & wanted to know if anybody had ever swapped the gearbox ecu with a different numbered unit & had success, ( have checked power wires etc & i am praying that i dont have to swap the gearbox)
i contacted the ecu doctor about the gearbox ecu but they said they only cover the engine ecu repairs & could not check it for me,
i have been offered a gearbox ecu with different numbers for good money but just wanted to know if anybody else had had this problem before i buy it, (otherwise im going to end up with a lot of gold coloured ashtrays ! )

The numbers for the ECU must match, they can not be interchanged or they will either not have the same plug connections or they will not work with the same parameters.
Have a read of this forum, i have already described how to remove the TCU and how to visually check it. I have also described how to check the TCU for fault codes.

fited s/h g/box auto to my gto seames to drive as stuck in one gear no difference shifting down no change with o/d eithert . reluctant to move in reverse the doner car was mine did not move for 18 months could that cause prob