2002 406 2.0 hdi back box?

stubblywillbert

Wrench Pro
Car
peugeot 406 2.0 hdi
Hi,
Im having trouble finding a stainless back box for a 2002 406 hdi, im looking for style and to add a bit of sound to the car, ive been looking everywhere online but there doesnt seem to be anything out there.
can anyone help?

Even better would be a full replacment system

Last edited:
The pipe on my 2.2 HDi is the standard item and it looks OK. It turns downard toward the road surface at the exit. - Hang on - I'll go and photgraph it!

it sounds the same as my car, but im looking at the bumper an theres a cut out thats there for no reason... would be perfect with a average size oval. im not looking to try an put a jap bin can on a tractor engine! just add abit of consecutive style!

it sounds the same as my car, but im looking at the bumper an theres a cut out thats there for no reason... would be perfect with a average size oval. im not looking to try an put a jap bin can on a tractor engine! just add abit of consecutive style!

Too dark to take a decent pic, flash just gives loads of shadows. It quite possibly is the same part. Bore about 55mm ?

The cut out is quite big, I agree, having just looked. It's something that I don't really bother about, it's just a tailpipe.

What you could do is to fit a shorter tailpiece, angled downwards and fill over the bumper cut-out, thus totally hiding the exhaust, which would look very nice indeed.

Someone must make 'em then. With turbodiesels especially there's not a lot of performance to gain from an performance exhasut system. The turbo itself is much more of an obstruction to gas flow than any silencer or DPF.

Maybe the manufacturers should acknowledge this and still provide us with something that looks half decent at the back end of the car?

is the peugeot 406 hdi exhaust the same as citreon xsara? ive found alot of info that suggests that they are of the same patern. but im not 100% sure.
http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?p=5531000&a=i

I doubt very much that the system is the same.

The Xsara is a quite a lot smaller than the 406. 406s are big cars, not far short of the external dimenions of a 5 series BMW. That's not to say that a rear section won't fit, PSA is good at sharing components through its model range.

They're also heavy beasts, far removed from the Peugeots of old which were very underbuilt and flimsy in comparison.

would the exhaust be the same as the 1.9 td? i can find loads for that car

Almost certainly not so. The HDi engines have nothing in common with the earlier XUDT ones. They're less alike than chalk and cheese. The only common factors are that they're fuelled with diesel and both are four cylinder enignes.

That might be the best thinking - get it fabricated. There's a company up here in Northants that would be able to help as well but I appreciate that it's a f.....' long way from Dorchester.

long long way mate... i think powerflow have a dealer in Bridport, its a few miles away but its the best shot i got, probably gunna cost a wedge to.

does torquecars have many members down south? i live on a farm an was thinking of putting on a meet for everyone in the summer.... Barby time

Last edited:
Just had an email from performance 3000 based in yeovil (somerset)......

A stainless steel exhaust system turbo back with a bore increase to 2.5''with a single exit tailpipe will cost £450 all in.
A stainless steel back box with single exit tailpipe will cost £200 all in.
To supply fit and make up all relevant pipe for a front mount intercoolerwill cost £595 all in.
To carry out a full ECU remap would cost £350 all in I hope this helps Will.
If you want to carry out all 3 jobs in 1 hit letme know and I can see what I can offer as a package for you.

What does everyone think? sound good?

does torquecars have many members down south? i live on a farm an was thinking of putting on a meet for everyone in the summer.... Barby time

That sounds like a great idea! We do have a few Somerset, Dorset, Portsmouth - all along the South really. Post up something in the Events section if you want this to come off and we'll see what interest we can drive.

Just had an email back from performance 3000, intercooler, sports exhaust and remap all in for £1250 and they would be looking to keep the car for around three days.
give it a few more weeks and i should hve the cash saved up an alls go!!!