Where do you buy your cars from

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Of all the cars you've owned where do you tend to go to buy them?

I'm usually buying cars from dealers now with a warranty but before the last 4 cars we always bought privately. I just want the peace of mind of being able to take it back somewhere and complain, plus I tend to be spending a bit more on a car now.

First car (Corsa) I stumbled upon by accident whilst viewing another car. Second car (Civic) I saw on Auto Trader before it was filled with adverts and ran quicker, third car (E36) was from Pistonheads and was private. If I was looking for a car now I would probably search Pistonheads and eBay mainly. Another good place to buy is from forums.

It doesn't matter to me if its private or a dealer, if the price is right and it is the car I want then I will buy it!

both mine had been from a garage.... mainly because theres too many scammers out there trying to make a few ££££, just the idea of possibly being conned out of my hard earned ££ puts me off even thinking of buying or selling privately....

both mine had been from a garage.... mainly because theres too many scammers out there trying to make a few ££££, just the idea of possibly being conned out of my hard earned ££ puts me off even thinking of buying or selling privately....

Unfortunately mate even garages try and rip people off. I don't think it really matters where you get it from as you buy on condition anyway.

My first car (Astra) a colleauge asked if i knew anyone who wanted to buy it.

This one, i saw on ebay AND autotrader (though they were advertised at different prices) It was at a volvo garage but it was a mechanic at the garage who was selling it. I hope that because it was owned by a mechanic means it was maintained well. History seems to be very good anyway