Remap frustration

Srogers

Car
Mk v GTI Stage 2
Hi, Fairly new to this, got a Mk v GTi with a Jabbasport stage 2 custom remap. Its' got the miltek turboback exhaust, S3 intercooler, uprated fuel pump as advised and neuspeed turbo outlet conversion (not that it makes any difference) and most recent had the Volant intake fitted. Was invited to take it back to Jabba so they could see what the power was like. I asked tehm to do a smoke test as i'm sure there is a leak, apparantly don't have one. They changed my DV from the S3 revision D piston which had fitted when i got the map done because they said it was better but now they say that the Rev D has had issues so they fitted a diaphram one used on the 240 what ever that is, which they say is thicker. Are forge worth the investment. i have learnt lessons, my point is if you get your car remapped be prepared to take it back time and time again, or am i just looking for perfection or could i have got a better map elswhere?

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)

I have had my car remapped several times at various states of tune without a single issue -EVER! You are either incredibly unlucky buddy or maybe you need to look elsewhere for a re-mapper.

without loading up etka to see what the newest revision is but im sure its up around K or something.
i know on the older 1.8t the forge was definitely worth it as it done away with the diaphragm altogether and worked as a spring piston that could be tuned to your level of boost.
Jabba are supposed to be a reputable tuner

I have to agree with T9 Man. I don't think that you could be so unlucky. I would search for someone else to tune your car. I assume that they are doing it while on a dyno. I have had friends with the same problem which was fixed by going elsewhere. A good thing to look into is to see what car it frequently going in and out of that shop. If your car or engine is one of them, then chances are that they are experienced enough for it. I understand your frustration but I am sure there is someone else out there. Good Luck

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

I've only heard the odd story about problems and issues with remaps, most of these are due to weak spots elsewhere on the car and usually the car is driven very hard all of the time. For most people there are no issues whatsoever! :D It is probably just luck of the draw.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Thanks for the replys, regarding my last post i forgot to mention that the initial stage 2 map was done on a dyno but the many times i took it back whether it was due to surging, ECL's, limp mode due to boost levels too high or lack of torque lower down was rectified just using the laptop. It was never put back on the rollers.
I was patient and spent alot of time researching aftermarket intakes, with my hopes set on a closed intake. I eventually went for the Volant intake system as i was advised they had already fitted one and seen some good results nearly £400 later iv'e seen an increase of 4bhp, not a great fit my piston S3 DV removed and as previously mentioned a thicker diaphram fitted without any real explanation for this. Worst things go on i know, but when you hand over money in good faith believing your getting a quality product. I have also been told my turbo is at it max 274bhp 350 torque all for £4,000, lessons have been learnt.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back