Jealousy or respect

admin

Administrator
Staff member
When you see someone in a really nice car do you get jealous or do you respect the owner?

Envy yep! Those that say respect are lying! :p

1 There are many very nice cars I wouldnt want to own so I can hardly be jealous of someone with something I wouldnt have

2 I can afford to buy many of them so , again I cant be jealous if i have chosen not to have something.

Also it depends what you drive yourself

But there are cars out there I would rather own than the ones I have now but that doesnt make me envious when I see one.

so dont judge everyone by your own standards

I don't think I have ever been jealous of some one elses car. Like Hugo, I mainly perv on the car if its something I like.

Of course I get jealous. If it's something that really interests me, I'll always try and have a chat with the owner if possible. Sometimes you meet really decent people that just worked hard for what they have and you might even get taken for a spin.

1 There are many very nice cars I wouldnt want to own so I can hardly be jealous of someone with something I wouldnt have

2 I can afford to buy many of them so , again I cant be jealous if i have chosen not to have something.

Also it depends what you drive yourself

But there are cars out there I would rather own than the ones I have now but that doesnt make me envious when I see one.

so dont judge everyone by your own standards

For a tongue in cheek comment you certainly know how to put someone down. Not only have you come across as someone with a lot of money (ref comment #2) but knocking what I drive. Sorry but I am just a working class bloke driving a boring car obviously.

Sorry if my standards are below yours.

I won't be posting again.

Let me explain stamford because it was not personal or anything against your drive you or anything close
It is just thatyou did post that anyone who says they don't envy someone who owns a nice car is lying
And in the context of The thread that was a he'll of a statement effectively saying everyone else must agree with you . I don't and by all accounts I'm not the only one.

I'm not known for my tact so apologies if you misunderstood .

For the record my definition of " I can afford most nice cars"

I don't have loads of money compared to some but could afford to spend around £50k on a car if I sold all my cars and borrowed £ 20k which a lot do

And to me you can buy most cars for £50k because you don't have to buy new

Im afraid You have also taken 2 completely wrong

I meant that if you drive a car you have spent lots of time on getting to your chosen spec you appreciate when someone has done the same whether it is better or worse than yours.

May I cite my gtr as an example.
I chose to go down a different route to make it standard. It was cheaper to do than hevily mod it but that but that wasn't why I did it although it certainly was a happy bonus
It took ages to do and is now possibly th slowest decent gtr in the uk but I am not envious of modded ones which are " better cars " because I made the decision to do it like that.

Hope that explains 1& 2

No reference meant honestly to MG s or your goodself in anyway

So don't please disappear on my account

Last edited:
I don't do jealously. If I see someone at the fuel station with a nice piece of machinery I compliment them on their choice and good taste.

i agree with HDi fun, when i see a nice car, i say , HI, nice looking car,, or Kool car.

or from a distance, just a thumbs up.

when i see a car that is not to my liking, i avoid any remarks or conversations.