Hi building an Opel gt with engine swap

shiver22

Car
smart 451 Opel gt
Hi I am looking for an Opel gt to restore. I've looked at a yamah 998-1100 turbo, rotax 900, or a Suzuki 1100 all turbocharged r stroke from snowmobiles. The clutch system that is basically a very light CVT seems to be a very easy swap compared to others to get everything I need for a 180-300 HP engine into the opel gt. The other way I'm thinking is a Suzuki 1.3 turbo or smart for two 1.0 turbo car engine. The smart car would be interesting but these tiny engines are way under powered and no one seems to want to put the money into it to produce high torque and horsepower. Is it because the engine isn't able to take more before catastrophic failure? The turbo can be boosted higher then it is, the injectors can be pushed to top cc, the throttle body with intake and exhaust should help if the biggest problem in it is fixed. The ECU is limited for rpm and for fuel efficiency. If this was removed it seems just the intake and exhaust should raise up the HP. After I'm wondering if anyone suggests a bigger throttle body from another car I can get at the junk yard? Is the stock turbo at its limit or can it be boosted more and will the ECU push more fuel and air from the stock setup? Should I look at a bigger turbo or bigger injectors after the throttle body? There are Ford, Nissan and many other engines putting out huge power now. I don't understand why these engines are being swapped out to motorcycle engines when it looks like it could be made to put out 3-4 times the power it currently does. Again I'm wondering if the engine just can't handle that much pressure. I'm hoping someone can help guide me. I'd love to turn this opel gt into a rear engine rwd because there is no trunk in it. Making it like a Porsche with the engine compartment into a trunk would be interesting. Because the car is very light, having over 200hp would put it into lotus weight and power ratios.

Thank you.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back