Hello!

gratz2

Tuner
Car
Golf V5 auto
Hi all,
Have recently become the proud owner of a mark3 gti 8 valve - looking forward to sensible modding + general fettling:)
Never had a golf before and bought mine as a cheap runaround off ebay without even seeing it cos it had a years mot, but soon discovered that I LOVE IT! Have already replaced front seats, and the dreaded window mechs, new stereo + speakers, basically all the stuff to make the car easier to live with... Sadly have no idea of the mileage as the car has had replacement guages that read 28000 miles (I wish). Engine seems very strong with no smoke and appears to have been well looked after - got the whole car looked over by my friendly local garage (for no charge!) who tell me that it is very sound so I am well pleased for an initial investment of just over £400. Only slight area of concern is that motor occasionally seems to stutter when accelerating hard, only happens in higher gears. Any suggestions/advice welcome as I am a complete GTI newbie :confused:

Hello all,
New to the forum. Looking to mod my 83 Mercedes Benz 300SD. 3.0 liter5 cylinder Turbo Diesel. Want more power. Might look for a 5 speed manual as well.. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi all,
Have recently become the proud owner of a mark3 gti 8 valve - looking forward to sensible modding + general fettling:)
Never had a golf before and bought mine as a cheap runaround off ebay without even seeing it cos it had a years mot, but soon discovered that I LOVE IT! Have already replaced front seats, and the dreaded window mechs, new stereo + speakers, basically all the stuff to make the car easier to live with... Sadly have no idea of the mileage as the car has had replacement guages that read 28000 miles (I wish). Engine seems very strong with no smoke and appears to have been well looked after - got the whole car looked over by my friendly local garage (for no charge!) who tell me that it is very sound so I am well pleased for an initial investment of just over £400. Only slight area of concern is that motor occasionally seems to stutter when accelerating hard, only happens in higher gears. Any suggestions/advice welcome as I am a complete GTI newbie :confused:

Hello all,
New to the forum. Looking to mod my 83 Mercedes Benz 300SD. 3.0 liter5 cylinder Turbo Diesel. Want more power. Might look for a 5 speed manual as well.. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to both of you.

Hello there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, nice to meet you both. Sorry for my late reply, been a bit busy with life!

A service is worth considering it will make sure you start off with a car in peak condition. Injectors may also need renewing as they get pretty fouled up with age.

A lot depends on your budget and what you are aiming at.

Thanks for the advice, the plan is a gradual process of improvement as I have rediscovered my love of home mechanicing (is that actually a word? :confused:). Next on the list is suspension in a bout a month, probably adjustable coilovers from what I have read here... Not really interested in major power gains cos car is my daily and I also have an 1100cc kawasaki for when I want to scare myself sh**less, just want to make the car handle and look better so I can have more fun in it at "sensible" speeds ;).

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back