A Newbie...

ginoP

Car
Alfa GTV 3.0 2002
Out of Cape Town South Africa...
Have an Alfa GTV 3.0 Phase II. A project ( my Alfa ones never seem to end) underway..so far
Super Light Weight flywheel with a GTA Plate n Pressure Plate from Alfaholics
Tuned Exhaust (from Cat back, Single tube)
Brebmo Brake Kit from Autodelta
Induction Kit from Autodelta
Eibach Spring kit (to be replaced...)
ToDo:Feb 2011
Coilovers (damper/hieght adjustabel back n front) Konigsport
Exhaust mod from Header back thru to Cat (Cat hiperf unit from Autodelta)
Cams and injectors (dynoTune, if fueling not up to scratch i will cludge this with a Unichip kit)

let's see how this goes...it's a sweet ride already..bit fat in the ass...and will look at a weightloss program...

Hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands, with an impressive mod list already planned.

Tell us a bit about yourself and where you're from? What is the tuning scene like over there.

What cars have you owned in the past then?

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!:))

Am in South Africa at the moment (have a home in Cape Town but am based in Johannesburg at the moment).My father used to race Alfa’s during the 60’s thru to 70’s and as a child use to help spanner his cars..I have developed a passion for the less as few but , now what did I start with…
Toyota Corolla Panel van in ‘77(grew up in a coastal town so this was considered cool )
A Capri Perana ‘81(A Capri fitted with a 351 comp motor munchie top-loader and lsd etc. handled like a slug but was blistering from a standing start.) on my 21`st bday.
Chev Record.. First Company car ( what a dog but I was proud)
Mitsubishi Tredia Turbo…Was made of plastic, chewing gum and snot but went very well…
Mazda 626 clx Coupe..look the biz but was slow n cumbersome
Toyota RSI (PM2) this was a Toyota conquest (2 door) built a collaboration between a dealership ,dan Perkins and one of the tuning guru’s in SA at the Time..basiL Mann. 1.6 24v DOHC Fuel injected, blueprinted,a brospeed extractor (headers) and many other subtle tweaks , first of the HOT, hot hatches..
BMW 318i Coupe (company car)
BMW 325i (company car )
Alpina B2.7..first very quick car ..
Alfa 105 (GTA replica), Alfasud Veloce, 147,156 and 2 Alfa GTV 3.0..

Also campaigned (half share ) a pro-stock drag car in the late eighties…talk about this one later…
Do I like cars… yes
Do know something about tuning cars… I think so…

tcsmileysign.gif
& happy new year!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back