zafira gsi

suzuki86

i am looking into buying a zafira gsi,. i have 6500 pounds ready for the car and my misses will let me spend another 1000 on tuning. i was hoping to get the car to do 0-60 around a second quicker, what would be the best modifications to do on a 1000 pound budget?

Hi there suzuki86 and welcome to TorqueCars. Which engine Zafira are you getting? The TDI is probably the most tunable and with a remap you can be talking silly power figures. There are quite a few petrol tuning options but it depends on the engien size.

Hello Suzuki, welcome to silly land!

Waynne will fall over with shock here given my preference for diesel engines because I'm going to suggest that you go for the petrol Zafira. And that's 'cos the GSi is turbocharged. Which means that you can do the cheap and very very cheerful indeed remap thing!!

For far less than £1000 (don't tell the wife - spend the balance on beer!).

:eek: Is the right literature entering my eyes! Didn't realise there was a petrol turbocharger in the GSi so I guess that would be the one to go for. ;) I'd spend the rest on suspension Modifications but don't let the wife realise how soft and fluffy it is before you do that :)

It's the same engine as used in the MkIV Astra Coupe Turbo. about 200bhp.

The 2.0 DTi diesel is a bone really - the later CDTi 1.9 (Fiat/Alfa) engines are nicer if you do get the diesel bug.

i was after a turbo petrol so the gsi should do. i think i will consider the engine remap hopefuly that should give a noticable power increase. i drove my dads astra vxr very nice but out of my price range and abit to small with a growing family.

The dreamscience remap is probably the best option for the engine. You might even end up with a VXR chaser. ;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back