x type jag

Ibstock156

Car
x type 2ltr deisel
Hi I recently bought a 2005 x type 2 ltr deisel with 114000k but full service history runs fantastic especially on the motorway but sounds like a truck in quiet areas (rev counter sits nice and stable) ,any suggestions on how to quieten it down would be appreciated.
Cheers Jim :sad2:

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

Are you using the correct grade of oil? A change like this might help cut the noise down a bit but as has been said sound deadening will work best just under the bonnet and on the bulkhead.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back