Wow, I'd completely forgotten about this site!

DUB66

Car
1966 VW Beetle
Wow, I joined this site back in 2010, and completely forgot about it! I never even posted!

Alright, well my name is Joe, and I'm from Memphis Tennessee. I drive a 1966 Beetle with a modified engine, and I'm a big Formula Drift fan.

Also, I'm an artist/photographer, and am currently doing a series of painting based on my car, and a few of my other favorites.

Here's some pics of my car, it isn't much yet, but I've got pretty big plans for it.
6911911077_157cbaef14_z.jpg

6911864815_619cc10f35_z.jpg

6911954159_a9a8a424ed_z.jpg

Hello and Welcome Back to TorqueCars.:bigsmile:
Hope you enjoy your time with us.

Your post got stuck in the moderation queue as you require 10 posts before you can upload pics or links. I've approved it for you this time mate.;)
Have a wander round an you'll soon hit 10
. :)

Here's the engine specs, if anyone's interested.

It's a standard 1300cc block that's been bored to 1776cc, and equipped with dual Solex carburetors. It also has a remote oil filter, and a high flow exhaust.

Sadly, I haven't been able to afford to replace the stock transmission yet.

Welcome back, hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.

It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands.

Tell us a bit about yourself and where you're from? What is the tuning scene like over there.

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!:))

It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands.

Tell us a bit about yourself and where you're from? What is the tuning scene like over there.

I'm from Memphis Tennessee, and I'm a student. I've been a car guy ever since my father bought and restored a 1964 Beetle when I was about 5.

I've owned two cars so far: my '66 Beetle, and a '73 VW Westfalia camper van. I actually got the van for free from the original owner, and within a week of towing it to my house, had it running well. 2 years ago, I decided that I wanted something a bit smaller, faster, and easier to tune and modify. So I put the van up for sale. (Removed URL name as per our T&C's)
I ended up trading the van to man from southern Texas for my Beetle.

So oddly enough, even though I've owned two cars, I haven't ever bought one!:D

Recently I've been craving a bit more speed, and looking for a bit more serious of a racer. I've decided to try to sell my Beetle this summer while I'm out of school and search for either a mid 90's Nissan s13, a 1972 Nissan s30 Z, or a Porsche 911.

Coincidentally, there's an early 80's Porsche in my neighborhood, and I haven't seen it move from it's driveway in almost 5 years. So, either this weekend or next, I'm going to go ask if I could possibly buy it.

*Sorry buddy, your post got stuck in the moderation queue because new members need to have made 10 posts before they are allowed to post or name any URL's, this helps to protect us against the naughty spamming people! I am sure you will understand.

T9 man
Moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
*Sorry buddy, your post got stuck in the moderation queue because new members need to have made 10 posts before they are allowed to post or name any URL's, this helps to protect us against the naughty spamming people! I am sure you will understand.

T9 man
Moderator.

Wow, this forum is strict. I though it was just against links, not just simply naming a site! But yeah, I understand.

Oh, and yeah, you guys are correct about the remote oil filter, it has a few slight advantages, but mostly it's just so you can use a larger filter than the stock position would allow.

Actually, with stock Beetle engines, they don't even use a filter, but instead have a mesh screen that is reusable.

alright, I have ten posts now, so according to the rules I can post pics riiiiiiiiiight????? Well, then as requested, MORE PICS!!!

6728243137_a02ee4991d.jpg

6826975497_0d579c2a6c.jpg

6728247671_6080634440.jpg

6873565203_caf582f18d.jpg

and a pic of one of my paintings (sorry, my camera kind of messed up this pic :( )
6787473813_246df50e29.jpg

A very nice example you have there, you can see that much love has been poured into that car, it is real credit too you! :)

Now somewhere on my travels through the internet, I remember coming across some guy in the states who is like the Mecca for Dubs! It might even have been here on TC :embarrest:
People travel from all over the world in their Beetles to go to his house were some of the finest examples can be found. I am pretty sure it is some kind of a weekend thing!!!:blink: Do you know about the chap I'm talking about? :blink:

A very nice example you have there, you can see that much love has been poured into that car, it is real credit too you! :)

Now somewhere on my travels through the internet, I remember coming across some guy in the states who is like the Mecca for Dubs! It might even have been here on TC :embarrest:
People travel from all over the world in their Beetles to go to his house were some of the finest examples can be found. I am pretty sure it is some kind of a weekend thing!!!:blink: Do you know about the chap I'm talking about? :blink:

Thanks for the compliment!

Sorry, I have no idea about that, though. Sounds interesting.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back