WIP Sunbeam

Didnt realise the photos i had taken were quite so bad so will get somemore when an next over but here is the current WIP. Rear arches need done again but like the classic Sunbeam shape.
This shell is actually on a modified Sierra 4x4 floor plan, shortened. Full 4wd with Cosworth Engine (courtesy of a Sierra). Despite the massive gap at the arches it is lowered all round on Konis but has not been adjusted as its better to keep it high for moving around. Ashley competition exhaust, caged, seam welded, was rally spec until they changed the rules. Not quite running right due to dodgy fuel pump. Road legal - if we bothered taxing it. These photos were just taken as it was out the garage - needed a wash but it wasnt dry enough.

What do you intend to do with it? Rallycross would be good. My last competition car was a Sunbeam, was Rover V8 powered, I should never have sold it!

actually - at present no idea. its almost ready to go and we've had it around for months as no time to do anything with it plus brothers building a space framed avenger at the moment as well so using most of the garage space. Firstly may rebuild the other Cossie engine we have and transplant it, the current one in it isnt as fast as my Scooby so believe its suffering old age, after this need to see - its a bit tought not being in the country often, when i'm back on a more permament basis will then probably start taking part in something. (rallying in some form was always the initial plan, we have spare shells as well in case this one has an "incident").

yep, with my dad and brother. This is the second one, the first was just a standard FWD with a 1.6 engine in, twin forties etc... but shells becoming harder to find - you have to buy the whole cars but either they have been restored (so too expensive to strip again) or else its been lying in a field for years and needs a lot of welding work.

Surely they were RWD? I remember a friend of mine having the Ti back in the mid 80's and another having a Lotus. Nice cars and were out around the same time as the Chevette HS.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back