why wont it fire up?

boostnturbos

Torque Junkie
Car
BMW 318ci SE
iv got a small scrambler bike with a skyteam 125cc engine in it. wen i went to look at it i kicked her twice and away she went. i drove her bout the park, she splutterd a bit but i put that down to her not being started in a few months. anyways i got her home, done the usual showing off and parked her up in the shed for the night. got up the next morning, went to take her for a run and for the life o me a cant get her to start. iv striped the carb and cleaned it out, she getting plenty o petrol. only thing is thers a faint spark, the womans bro can hold onto it (cant be gud). we chaned the coil but still no sucess. there is a spark so the cdi box shud be working, mybe im wrong. the thing that gets me is she went prety danm perfect one second and just point blank refuses to go the next. any help would be much appreciated tanx.

Ok have you checked the the lead from the cdi unit to the spark plug is ok? (can't remember what it is called:lol::lol::lol:)

Where the lead meets the connector that goes on the spark plug, try twisting it to tighten it up.
Sorry for the poor explanation but my mind has gone totally blank. :blink:

What sort of condition is the coil and leads in? It sounds like the leads have packed up to my mind or is not being fed enough power.

Last edited:
What sort of condition is the coil and leads in? It sounds like the leads have packed up to my mind or is not being fed enough power.

I suspect it's the plug that goes onto the spark plug. It twists onto the lead and can come loose which would cause a loss of spark.

We get that happening on engines that power some of out machinery at work, the socket that fits over the plug splits and when its dark you can see the leakage dancing away from the plug.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back